• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Anyone have good upgrades?

J

jamesyeeoc

Was just wondering if anyone out there has had 'good' upgrades, since there have been quite a few 'bad' ones posted in the forum.

If you have had a 7.5.3 upgrade that went well, please post your OS, old Plesk version, and any other notable details which might help others decide to either take the plunge or not.

Also, if you have done a fresh install of 7.5.3 with no errors, please post details as well.

Thanks!

Success!

Successfully installed from the RPMs! (AutoInstaller never quite works for me)

1&1 Server Root Server 3 w/RH9

Love the features and bug fixes -- I do not like the page spanning that has been added - it clutters the interface a little.

I'm very impressed with the Customize Toolbar and hope to see SW Soft continue with innovative Control Panel customization tools like this.

I had a client ask why he could see everyone else's databases but not accesse them - thanks to PLESK v7.5.3 - that problem has been addressed =).

Thumbs up -- and I can't wait for more!

--

Not mentioned -- HORDE is no longer:

/home/httpd/vhosts/webmail/

Which is a little bit of a bother as I used that folder to allow selection of Squirrelmail or HORDE.

Another good upgrade here!

FreeBSD 5.3
From 7.5.2 to 7.5.3

No problems, everything is working.

Upgrade went flawlessly here aswell.

Fedora Core 2: 7.5.2 -> 7.5.3

Everything is working great.

Upgrade worked fine from CP, took about an hour on a twin P4 with RHE 1GB Mem.

Apart from it took so long, no problems.

Bobbybean

Successfully installed on RHel3 and FC2. Both 7.5.2->7.5.3.

7.5.2 -> 7.5.3, FC1, upgrade via control panel.

A couple of glitches:

- i use a chained wildcard SSL certificate on all servers, and after upgrade httpsd.conf had the line for the CA cert path commented, although i could still see the CA cert on the control panel

- conf.d/php.conf was reset to original, which i find very strange since PHP was not upgraded.

Other than that, flawless, i was surprised it worked so well :p

RPM Upgrade from 7.52 -> 7.53 on RHEL3, although because I have ART Perl installed, the autoinstaller script wanted to install the updated RH Perl and it failed - so I bailed and ran the RPM's by hand.

Otherwise ... I started with 7.03
U/G to 7.16
U/G to 7.50
U/G to 7.51
U/G to 7.52
U/G to 7.53

All flawlessly so far.

Back