• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Anyone here with knowledge of Plesk?

ektarabel47

New Pleskian
I currently use the Plesk hosting control panel, and I love it. However, I was wondering if there is a limit on the amount of domains that you can add through Plesk?
I am currently trying to move all of our websites on to our Plesk Control Panel, but when it reached approximately 400 domains we started having problems where websites wouldn't load.
The spec of the server shouldn't be an issue, but according to my colleague it was something to do with Plesk having to write the config files or something? I was just wondering if anyone could help me as I would like to keep everything on one server, using one control panel.
Thank you in advance.
192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

Last edited:
We have recommended hardware requirements that you could consider as some kind of metric for determining how many sites can be hosted on your physical Plesk server. Of course, this is all very approximate. Sites can be very different. I know Plesk installations with perfectly working 600 sites for example.

On some (powerful) hosts we have 1,200+ domains, and there is no issue with Plesk at all while all websites are still delivered lightning fast.

Besides the cpu and ram power aspect, however, when you have so many websites, you need to tweak your operating system, e.g. increase the maximum allowed open files, the maximum allowed simultaneous connections to IMAP, SSH, FTP, set higher ulimits for your database, the web server, increase the number of simultaneous processes that xinetd can handle etc. With very many domains you will need to upgrade virtually all these operating system configuration settings. Else the operating system can easily get into the way of operating many processes simultaneously.

But Plesk will work with much higher numbers of websites and domains than 400 for sure.

Back