• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

anyone installed maridb?

Ademi

New Pleskian
Please add mariadb support!

Hi,

I want to install mariadb but after installing plesk updates fails. Please add support for mariadb.

thanks.

I did. Works fine on Plesk 11.5.30 (updates and all).

Though if you're using Debian-based system I suggest waiting until next Plesk update is released. Alternative MySQL variants support was broken there a couple of updates back.

OK. Here's the guide to switching to MariaDB on RedHat/CentOS. Since I'm very lazy, I won't be detailing each step or explaining its purpose.

1) Back up ALL your databases. If you don't want to back up all of them, back up only essential ones:
# mysqldump -uadmin -p`< /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` --databases mysql psa apsc | gzip > /root/mysql.mysql-psa-apsc.dump.sql.gz

2) Set up repositories. Go to https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/ and follow wizard instructions. On step 3 "Choose a Version" choose 5.5.

3) Disable WatchDog module in Panel if you have one. Disable any other custom monitoring services that may resurrect MySQL daemon if you have any.

4) # service mysqld stop

5) Remove mysql-server package (first check that # rpm -q --whatprovides mysql-server actually outputs a package!):
# rpm -e --nodeps `rpm -q --whatprovides mysql-server`

6) Remove leftovers and install MariaDB in their place:
# yum shell
> remove mysql mysql-server plesk-mysql
> install MariaDB-server MariaDB-client MariaDB-compat MariaDB-shared
> run
Total download size: 58 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Importing GPG key 0x1BB943DB "Daniel Bartholomew (Monty Program signing key) <[email protected]>" from https://yum.mariadb.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-MariaDB
Is this ok [y/N]: y
> exit

7) Optionally update configuration file:
# [ -f /etc/my.cnf.rpmnew ] && mv /etc/my.cnf.rpmnew /etc/my.cnf

8) # service mysql start

9) # mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p`< /etc/psa/.psa.shadow `

10) Enable WatchDog and any other service disabled on step 3.

11) If you experience MySQL errors (especially related to InnoDB), restore backup made on step 1:
# zcat /root/mysql.mysql-psa-apsc.dump.sql.gz | mysql -uadmin -p`< /etc/psa/.psa.shadow `

12) Tell Plesk that you changed MySQL version:
# plesk sbin packagemng --set-dirty-flag

That's it!

Hello everyone,
Thank you very much for your explanation, it has served me very helpful to replace MariaDB MySQL in Plesk
Currently I have Plesk 12.0.18 + CentOS 6.5 and I followed the manual. Everything went perfect and I could replace MariaDB MySQL, but I have a problem with Plesk updates. Do not allow me to update.
I asked to have installed the component "MySQL server support." and I can not update anything.
I do not quite understand why the requests have Plesk installed component "MySQL server support." Because I upgraded to MariaDB.
Someone you this problem occurred?
How I can fix to receive Plesk updates with MariaDB? There is a patch to correct it?
Thank you very much for your help
regardscaptura1.jpg

Back