• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

anyone installed maridb?

Ademi

New Pleskian
Please add mariadb support!

Hi,

I want to install mariadb but after installing plesk updates fails. Please add support for mariadb.

thanks.

I did. Works fine on Plesk 11.5.30 (updates and all).

Though if you're using Debian-based system I suggest waiting until next Plesk update is released. Alternative MySQL variants support was broken there a couple of updates back.

OK. Here's the guide to switching to MariaDB on RedHat/CentOS. Since I'm very lazy, I won't be detailing each step or explaining its purpose.

1) Back up ALL your databases. If you don't want to back up all of them, back up only essential ones:
# mysqldump -uadmin -p`< /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` --databases mysql psa apsc | gzip > /root/mysql.mysql-psa-apsc.dump.sql.gz

2) Set up repositories. Go to https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/ and follow wizard instructions. On step 3 "Choose a Version" choose 5.5.

3) Disable WatchDog module in Panel if you have one. Disable any other custom monitoring services that may resurrect MySQL daemon if you have any.

4) # service mysqld stop

5) Remove mysql-server package (first check that # rpm -q --whatprovides mysql-server actually outputs a package!):
# rpm -e --nodeps `rpm -q --whatprovides mysql-server`

6) Remove leftovers and install MariaDB in their place:
# yum shell
> remove mysql mysql-server plesk-mysql
> install MariaDB-server MariaDB-client MariaDB-compat MariaDB-shared
> run
Total download size: 58 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Importing GPG key 0x1BB943DB "Daniel Bartholomew (Monty Program signing key) <[email protected]>" from https://yum.mariadb.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-MariaDB
Is this ok [y/N]: y
> exit

7) Optionally update configuration file:
# [ -f /etc/my.cnf.rpmnew ] && mv /etc/my.cnf.rpmnew /etc/my.cnf

8) # service mysql start

9) # mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p`< /etc/psa/.psa.shadow `

10) Enable WatchDog and any other service disabled on step 3.

11) If you experience MySQL errors (especially related to InnoDB), restore backup made on step 1:
# zcat /root/mysql.mysql-psa-apsc.dump.sql.gz | mysql -uadmin -p`< /etc/psa/.psa.shadow `

12) Tell Plesk that you changed MySQL version:
# plesk sbin packagemng --set-dirty-flag

That's it!

Hello everyone,
Thank you very much for your explanation, it has served me very helpful to replace MariaDB MySQL in Plesk
Currently I have Plesk 12.0.18 + CentOS 6.5 and I followed the manual. Everything went perfect and I could replace MariaDB MySQL, but I have a problem with Plesk updates. Do not allow me to update.
I asked to have installed the component "MySQL server support." and I can not update anything.
I do not quite understand why the requests have Plesk installed component "MySQL server support." Because I upgraded to MariaDB.
Someone you this problem occurred?
How I can fix to receive Plesk updates with MariaDB? There is a patch to correct it?
Thank you very much for your help
regardscaptura1.jpg

Back