• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Anyone using Plesk 7 Windows together with mailenable pro and spamassasin?

C

carollee

As above stated, anyone? Is your spamassasin working with plesk 7 windows version. I just want to know what is your setting at mailenable pro at agent (MTA) , is there a tick for enable pickup event, if there is what is the pointing folder is "Program to execute on mail fail? I need this help urgently.

Thanks for viewing.

I'm trying to figure that out too. I can't find "spamassassin.exe" as mentioned in the read me text from the plgin MTA...

Hi Carollee,
I have the same configuration and Spamassasin works perfectly.
The enable pickup event should be selected and the program to execute is: [PLESKPATH]\admin\bin\mailfilter.exe

Ya it works.

I have mine pointed to "MESNOOP.exe" thus spamassassin stop working. I now path it to mailfilter.exe and it works.

However, I would be able to use MESNOOP.exe now. That's the limitation of the MTA, whihc only allow 1 :(

You can make Batch files for MailEnable to run instead of only 1 .exe

i.e. create a .bat file which passes the variables off to the various filters u want ME to use on the MTA then change the Filter to run that .bat file.

There's more information on this on the mail enable website, or send me an email if you want more info.

That's a cool idea, care to set an example here so everyone could use it?

example I want to rin both MESNOOP.exe and mailfilter.exe at the same time?

A simple batch file like the following would be sufficient:

EXAMPLE USING REQUESTED PICKUPS:
"C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Enable\Bin\MESNOOP.exe" %1 %2
"C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\mailfilter.exe" %1 %2

EXAMPLE USING MESNOOP & A VBS:
"C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Enable\Bin\MESNOOP.exe" %1 %2
CScript //T:20 "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Enable\Bin\pickup2.vbs" %1 %2

Details:
- Make sure any files you get it to run have " around them if they contain spaces.
- Make sure all pickups run from the batch file have %1 %2 on the end of them so they pass the original fields from the MTA pickup event parameters.
- If you are using a .vbs pickup make sure you are using the "CScript //T:20" before the vbs filename.

Make a .bat file or .cmd and place in your MailEnable's bin folder, then change the MTA pickup event to run the .bat file instead of one of the normal pickups.

Leighm0:

Very good explication about the pickup events in ME.

I have only one question to you:

You have running and working the VBS pickup2.vbs??
Can you explain me if i need to modify some code of that file to make ir works fine?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Zartrix

Originally posted by zartrix
Leighm0:

Very good explication about the pickup events in ME.

I have only one question to you:

You have running and working the VBS pickup2.vbs??
Can you explain me if i need to modify some code of that file to make ir works fine?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Zartrix

Sorry forgot to add something in it should be something like this instead:
CScript //T:20 "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Enable\Bin\killsobig.vbs" %1 %2

I will also ammend my previous post.

Back