• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache crashing at random intervals. Can not find a reason in log files

N

nedsbeds

We are having an issue with a VPS running plesk 9.5 on ubuntu 8.04 At seemingly random intervals Apache will disappear and needs to be started manually. I have checked the apache error log, /var/log/messages, individual virtual host apache error files and cannot find anything that coincides with the time of the failure. dmesg is empty which is a bit odd.

We have also had other services services go down for no apparent reason such as psa and the mail daemons but apache stays up.

I'm at a loss to diagnose this really because all the log files I can find do not point to any issues. Are there any others I can look at?

Memory usage sits at about 55% (out of 400mb) and it isn't a particularly high trafficed server.

Any pointers as to where else I can find out what is going on would be very much appreciated.

More info on environment.... Virtuozzo container, plesk 9.3 ubuntu 8.04. 400mb ram with 12 separate domains set up.

Nick

Back