• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Apache directory alias outside vhosts

dernandernkennt

New Pleskian
Hello,

my question as follows:
I need to set up an apache directory alias for accessing //domain.tld/folder outside of var/www/vhosts/domain/httpdocs like /tmp/folder.

Ill understand - after searching threads in here - that there might be a general restriction from plesk.

The problem is: this is no solution and plesk is worthless for me forbidding this feature.

I really need the possibility to adress an alias into the server to run different webservices for testing and working issues.

I would do this at my own risk and i would prefer to see some button which indicates or confirms this and makes the usage of this feature available without getting plesk into responsibilty for my possible faults - if thats the problem in that case.

Is there any kind of solution to make that work?
I was spending days and days and days searching for my missconception until i found a frustrating "answer" for "this" here.

Is there any way to do this? Please tell me.

It would be nice to read some clear and "official" "no" if i'm standing on lost position trying to solve this, because then i really need another system running - even if i like plesk.

br,

Back