• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

olegos76

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.50 Update #2
Hello guys.

I am trying to improve overall performance of my site which is:
  • a 1-pager music site with few pop-ups and a very little text that changes very rarely.
  • streams .mp3 audio files
  • serves webp images (in "Additional nginx directives" we have placed a directives that convert any other image format into webp)

But I am very confused about recommended settings per instructions on this page: Apache and Nginx Settings

So in the section "Serve all static content via nginx", on Step 2 it says: "Select the Proxy mode and Smart static files processing checkboxes."
Question 1)
If I am selecting "Proxy" mode, that contradicts with serving by nginx. Is it not? Is it a mis-type or am I not understanding it correctly?

Question 2)
Could anyone please recommend me proper settings for my case (serving webp & .mp3)?
Which of these 4 options should be checked/unchecked?

The goal is to speed up output of images and audio to the user.

1677575441316.png

Thank you very much!

... also that instructions page have other contradicting statements which makes it unclear what the real default is:
1677577971690.png

When proxy mode is "off", only Nginx processes all content from the website. This is the fastest configuration.

When proxy mode is "on", but neither static file processing options are checked, all traffic is forwarded to Apache and processed by Apache.

When proxy mode is "on", but either static file processing option is checked, Nginx delivers all static files directly, but forwards dynamic requests (php scripts) to Apache.

Thank you very much Peter. I ran some tests and somehow this combination works faster for my site:
1677650657333.png
Is this normal? :) Considering everyone around says serving files directly by nginx only (Proxy off) is the fastest solution?

Back