• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache security Vulnerability/ Parallels Plesk Panel

and on a side note, has anyone tried the microupdate from the server panel, which leads to the apache and mysql updates? We are running 10.3.1 and there are two updates available, the apache and the mysql one. Not that I don't trust Parallels' updates (haha) but just asking if anyone has successfully managed the updates from the panel successfully with no issues?

and on a side note, has anyone tried the microupdate from the server panel, which leads to the apache and mysql updates? We are running 10.3.1 and there are two updates available, the apache and the mysql one. Not that I don't trust Parallels' updates (haha) but just asking if anyone has successfully managed the updates from the panel successfully with no issues?

Create full backup of your server and then install these updates if you are so suspicious.

Well Igor, if Parallels would produce a product which admins could RELY upon not to break when you do updates, etc., then my asking for confirmation that someone has successfully used it already, wouldn't be necessary. Your solution is typical, do a backup. Yes, I have a current backup, every morning. So the solution is do the update, and if it's faulty and breaks something, restore from backup. Wonderful, that's what we should count on, spending our time restoring from backup when faulty programming on Parallels side results in breakages of our software and inconvenience to our customers and ourselves ... but hey, I've got a backup.

Your comment was completely uncalled for, and probably I won't bother coming back to the support forum to look for help and answers when Parallels staff treat their customers rudely.

My suggestion was absolutely common and usual for any software from any company. It is usual recommendation to create full backup of production server before installing any updates. I don't understand how I treat customers rudely by this suggestion.

This is silly Igor. The sarcasm/rudeness was in the added in the last part of your comment "if you are so suspicious" which changed the whole context of your reply. I shouldn't have to tell you the definition of sarcasm and rudeness. I'm the customer. Your comment had nothing to do with my question. I asked for confirmation from someone who had applied the update. Your comment was uncalled for. Period. I'm done with this thread.

Back