• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Apache Versions on Plesk

TomP

Basic Pleskian
I've been reading dozens of posts about the versions of Apache running on Plesk.
I have a server running Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.29 Update #3, and CentOS Linux 7.8.2003. I am looking into upgrading all my Drupal sites to the latest version, but one of the requirements is Apache 2.4.7, and CentOS only has 2.4.6. I see how to upgrade, but my support people that maintain my server say upgrading might break Plesk, and I'm going to have to wait until to upgrade is included in Plesk.
Does anyone know if upgrading Apache 2.4.6 to 2.4.7 will break Plesk, or CentOS?

Last edited:
That's kind of what I thought after researching this. This is all such a pain because of the new requirements of the latest Drupal. I know the apache 2.4.6 has all the backports added to it, so why doesn't CentOS and Plesk update the version to something newer.

so why doesn't CentOS and Plesk update the version to something newer.

Plesk doesn't ship Apache, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo and it is quite likely it may be outdated there (especially for older OS). If your OS comes with the latest version Apache, then Plesk would run this version for clients.

Plesk doesn't ship Apache, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo and it is quite likely it may be outdated there (especially for older OS). If your OS comes with the latest version Apache, then Plesk would run this version for clients.
I realize that, but if Plesk would ship with CentOS 8 that would fix it all.

Back