• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved ApolloError

RodStr

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2016 Version 1607 Build 14393.5786
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.51
Sorry to report all this here, but I have no access to support since the SSO change.

Unsure if this is related to our recent upgrade to 18.0.51 or the recent SSO changes at Plesk,
but I am getting Apollo Errors (whatever those are).

First is when I first try and access Tools & Settings

1680702216911.png

If I refresh that page, initial tools & settings page comes up

From time to time I will also get menu section place-holders showing instead of the actual menu text in the Tools & Settings screen.
Refresh the page and it appears normally.

1680702880805.png

Then if I click on the License Information link, I get another Apollo Error.

1680702597725.png

The About Plesk does the same sort of thing.

I haven't checked all the other links, but something is definitely not right.

On top of that the new SSO home page doesn't seem to know my account and trying to use the password recovery never sends me the e-mail.

Even tried enabling MFA (had never activated it in the past) and then disabling it again.
Changed password at 360 again.
Still no support login

For anyone running into the issue with sign-in after the SSO...

I went around and around and around with Plesk first tier/sales support on this.
Finally (after 2 days) they escalated the issue to someone else.
And I finally got it resolved (the support login anyway).

What they found:
The SSO was not a PLESK thing, it was a WebPros thing (now owns Plesk).
They also own cPanel.net.

If you have an account at cPanel.net using the same username/email address as the email you utilize for your Plesk support logins, those need to be "trued up".
Simply setting the password at cPanel.net to match my Plesk support passwords finally fixed my login issue.

So, you still have to go through the 360 site, turn off MFA, update your password, make sure your NAME is set in the name field and not just your email repeated in it again (which is the default). Then after all that is correct, if you have an account at cPanel.net using the same username, you need to update that password to match what you setup in 360 as well.

Interestingly enough, once that all started working, the other Apollo errors I posted (from my Plesk Admin) went away as well.
I think (I could be wrong) but Apollo is a big player in the SSO market, I'm thinking those errors were coming from the SSO that wasn't working.

Anyway... I'm up and running and my Plesk Admin interface is clean.

Back