• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Application Vault - Application not updated anymore

Here is what I have described in my Plesk feature suggestion below:

Moodle 4.0 Upgrade in Web Applications

"According to Plesk Obsidian's Documentation for Web Applications at Web Applications regarding "Updating Apps," by default, Plesk installs the latest available app versions and updates apps immediately once the newer versions are available.

However, this is not true because Plesk offered for the past year 2021 an outdated version 3.10.4 of the Moodle App. Recently Plesk released a Moodle update to version 3.10.10, for which the security support period ended on 9 May 2022 (see Roadmap - MoodleDocs for more details). For most people and their organizations, this is a major security risk.

It should not be a too complicated task for the Plesk developers to prepare an update for Moodle 4 since the latest release of Plesk Obsidian already meets Moodle's server requirements described at Moodle 4.0 release notes - MoodleDocs. "

Hopefully, after receiving our votes, the Plesk product managers will take into consideration this feature suggestion and start working on this request shortly.

Well, I took some time and successfully installed Moodle 4.0.1 on the Plesk server using the following steps:
  • Go to target domain overview page.
  • Ensure domain PHP handler is 7.4 or higher
  • Go to 'Databases' and create database to be used by Moodle and associated database user - you will be prompted to enter them during installation.
  • Go to domain overview page -> Git.
  • Select 'Remote repository' option.
  • in 'Repository URL' type or paste 'GitHub - moodle/moodle: Moodle - the world's open source learning platform'
  • Click 'Create' button and wait until process finished.
  • Click 'Branch'.
  • Select branch 'MOODLE_400_STABLE'.
Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 15.44.38.png
  • Click 'Pull now' and then 'Deploy now'.
  • Open file manager for domain and ensure index.html is absent in domain document root folder. Delete or rename it if necessary.
  • Open domain in browser - it should proceed to Moodle installation page.
  • Proceed with Moodle installation.
Now I see Moodle and I hope it is ok (I know nothing about Moodle):

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 16.03.41.png

Well, I took some time and successfully installed Moodle 4.0.1 on the Plesk server using the following steps:
  • Go to 'Databases' and create database to be used by Moodle and associated database user - you will be prompted to enter them during installation.
  • in 'Repository URL' type or paste 'GitHub - moodle/moodle: Moodle - the world's open source learning platform'
  • Click 'Branch'.
View attachment 20905
  • Open file manager for domain and ensure index.html is absent in domain document root folder. Delete or rename it if necessary.

View attachment 20906
Hi @IgorG ,

Thank you for the detailed installation instructions. They are great workaround on how to install Moodle 4, but in my case I need to upgrade my existing Moodle version 3.10.10 installation to version 4.0.1.

Do you have any instructions how to do that?

Thank you in advance!

Here is what I have described in my Plesk feature suggestion below:

Moodle 4.0 Upgrade in Web Applications

"According to Plesk Obsidian's Documentation for Web Applications at Web Applications regarding "Updating Apps," by default, Plesk installs the latest available app versions and updates apps immediately once the newer versions are available.

However, this is not true because Plesk offered for the past year 2021 an outdated version 3.10.4 of the Moodle App. Recently Plesk released a Moodle update to version 3.10.10, for which the security support period ended on 9 May 2022 (see Roadmap - MoodleDocs for more details). For most people and their organizations, this is a major security risk.

It should not be a too complicated task for the Plesk developers to prepare an update for Moodle 4 since the latest release of Plesk Obsidian already meets Moodle's server requirements described at Moodle 4.0 release notes - MoodleDocs. "

Hopefully, after receiving our votes, the Plesk product managers will take into consideration this feature suggestion and start working on this request shortly.
Please vote here : Moodle 4.0 Upgrade in Web Applications

• Click 'Branch'.
View attachment 20905

View attachment 20906
I was doing a clean install so this worked. Thanks

• Click 'Branch'.
View attachment 20905

View attachment 20906
it also works for an upgrade from Moodle 3.10.10 to 4.0.4

Back