• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Application Vault - Application not updated anymore

Coltrane70

New Pleskian
Dear Community,
we originally installed our Moodle Server via the moodle installation available in the Plesk application vault. It seems that the provider of the application catalogue has stopped providing the latest updates, since none of the recent updates have been offered.

Does that mean that I will have to add the application to the application vault myself. If so, does that mean, I have to remove the old application from the vault? Is that possible without affecting the server instance we're running?

Or is the safest or only option to update the server manually from now on?

Thank you for your support!

Kind regards

Mark Hubertus

Dear Community,
we originally installed our Moodle Server via the moodle installation available in the Plesk application vault. It seems that the provider of the application catalogue has stopped providing the latest updates, since none of the recent updates have been offered.

Does that mean that I will have to add the application to the application vault myself. If so, does that mean, I have to remove the old application from the vault? Is that possible without affecting the server instance we're running?

Or is the safest or only option to update the server manually from now on?

Thank you for your support!

Kind regards

Mark Hubertus
I have exactly the same issue. Please for your advise

Hello,
Open and account on Softaculous as an admin and install to your Plesk.
Works for me to keep apps upto date than the vault

Hi @FLeupold !

On my side I've finally used GIT to get latest stable updates. I'd recommend to test it before on an evaluation Moodle website and backup files and database before trying this out !

Go to website settings, and enable GIT, then :

repository url : git://git.moodle.org/moodle.git

Branch MOODLE_311_STABLE

Regards,

Hi @IgorG ,

Do you know when Plesk is going to offer upgrade to Moodle 4.0?

I'm awaiting for an update in Plesk > Applications for more than a year. The newest version that is available is 3.10.4. I'm very disappointed because, we do pay for Plesk license, but I'm stuck to this old 3.10.4version. I don't want to risk breaking my production Moodle LMS.

Please advise if Plesk is going to release the Moodle 4.0 applicaiton updgrede soon or we have to manually update from version 3.10.4 to 4.0 by following the instructions in this article - Upgrading - MoodleDocs .

Is it safe to use the Command line upgrade option described in Administration via command line - MoodleDocs ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @IgorG ,

Do you know when Plesk is going to offer upgrade to Moodle 4.0?

I'm awaiting for an update in Plesk > Applications for more than a year. The newest version that is available is 3.10.4. I'm very disappointed because, we do pay for Plesk license, but I'm stuck to this old 3.10.4version. I don't want to risk breaking my production Moodle LMS.

Please advise if Plesk is going to release the Moodle 4.0 applicaiton updgrede soon or we have to manually update from version 3.10.4 to 4.0 by following the instructions in this article - Upgrading - MoodleDocs .

Is it safe to use the Command line upgrade option described in Administration via command line - MoodleDocs ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Installatron does seem to offer Moodle 4.0. Maybe that's an option for you?

We have a task to update Moodle - PSI-1971. But it is not a priority due to low demand. Therefore, I cannot give an exact ETA right now.
How do you collect and measure demands to define which one is urgent or not? Is there any system that people can give vote?

How do you collect and measure demands to define which one is urgent or not? Is there any system that people can give vote?
It's a big and complicated process. Even the most demanded features can't always be implemented quickly for many different reasons. There will be an article about this on the Plesk blog soon. In this article, we will tell you what features delivered in 2021 our customers liked best, what features are most desired by our customers and our plans for 2022.

For example, one of the many sources of information about the demand for features is Plesk UserVoice. For example, it's easy to see that there isn't a single active request about Moodle.

It's a big and complicated process. Even the most demanded features can't always be implemented quickly for many different reasons. There will be an article about this on the Plesk blog soon. In this article, we will tell you what features delivered in 2021 our customers liked best, what features are most desired by our customers and our plans for 2022.

For example, one of the many sources of information about the demand for features is Plesk UserVoice. For example, it's easy to see that there isn't a single active request about Moodle.
Thank you for your recommendation. I create an idea on UserVoice. I hope it will be voted. If anyone wants to vote, can reach with this link Update Moodle Version in Application Vault

My other question is; Which method would you recommend to manually update moodle? Also, when we update manually, will the version is shown in the screenshot be updated as well?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 09.25.33.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 09.25.33.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 5

Hello @IgorG , @Coltrane70 , @manolism , @FLeupold , @nadjavon , @fxguenan , @maartenv , @seferdemirci ,

As per your recommendation, I have submitted a new Feature Suggestion for "Moodle 4.0 Upgrade in Web Applications" in Plesk UserVoice.

Everyone who is using the Moodle app in Plesk or looking at this thread, PLEASE GIVE YOUR VOTE here Moodle 4.0 Upgrade in Web Applications so the Plesk developers can take into consideration our request for a Moodle update to its latest version 4 and start working on it.

I really appreciate your help!

Attachments

• Moodle 4.0.png
    Moodle 4.0.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 1
Back