• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Application Vaults of Plesk 7.5.2 include too old version of softwares

Not via Plesk, but you can do it manually and Plesk won't interfere.

Originally posted by nibb
I actually use now the PHPAds
i installed it with the Plesk Vault
Just a question, i want to upgrade the soft, will plesk panel le me?

The PHPAds-Software of the Appl.Vaults is only here to
download it "into" your directory of your domainname.
After it, it begins to install PHPAds for you. So, if you got
an old version from there at the pool of Appl.Vaults, then
you also downloaded the old version of PHPAds. And
you got also an old version installed.

Just now, it is urgently recommended, that you download
the PHPAds not from the Plesk's App.Vault, get the latest
version of PHPAds directly from the PHPAds-Programmers.

Please take a look at www.cpskins.com/psainstaller.php. We have 55 scripts for linux version and will be starting this week on trying to get one done for windows. At this time you must have a Application Vault license. I am looking into developing my own method of doing this so you don't need a different $199 license for this. Also if you are looking for a license go to www.nocster.com they rent them for $5.95 :) Well worth it.

Anyone interested in the Windows version let me know.

that looks very interestng.. how do you the upgades of a module - lets say from phpbb 2.014 to 2.015 - can i force users to upgrade (because of the security problems).. what are your strategies in this area?

is the 65$/server limited in time (i.e. yeay or something)?

PAT

Originally posted by perler
that looks very interestng.. how do you the upgades of a module - lets say from phpbb 2.014 to 2.015 - can i force users to upgrade (because of the security problems).. what are your strategies in this area?

is the 65$/server limited in time (i.e. yeay or something)?

PAT

Well we are working on a few things right now, a windows version and how to upgrade. We are playing with a few ideas and have the basics down but i was thinking of using that reconfigure icon for upgrade instead as i think it would be more used as the person can reconfigure within the skin. Now to upgrade them all at once we haven't figured out a solution for that. Our other plans if enough people show interest in the current product is coming out with my own, one that doesn't need to have an extra license from Plesk. Those are just ideas.

Originally posted by CPSkins.com
Well we are working on a few things right now, a windows version and how to upgrade. We are playing with a few ideas and have the basics down but i was thinking of using that reconfigure icon for upgrade instead as i think it would be more used as the person can reconfigure within the skin. Now to upgrade them all at once we haven't figured out a solution for that.
ok, here are some ideas:

- make a separation of urgency in upgrades: low/urgent

- check the intgrity of the files installed in a users directory to the files in the package to be upgraded (i.e. are the files in /vhosts/user/phpbb the same as in phpbb_oldversion.gz). do the same to the databse structure. now check the urgency of the update and act in regard to it:

level low/integrity yes: tell user to upgrade, it won't break anything, offer YES|NO

level low/integity no: tell user that upgrade is not possible (and why), and that THIS upgrade is not neccessary, but that there may be an upgrade in the future that will be neccessary and that the user should consider reinstalling his package. offer link to get in contact with the webmaster..

level high/integrity yes: tell the user that upgrade will be done right now. offer YES|NO if user says NO proced to [1]

level high/integrity no: tell user that upgrade is neccessary but not possible. proceed to [1]

[1] give the admin a choice what to do in such a case:

a) warn admin by mail, that user must update but cannot
b) disable module for user

Our other plans if enough people show interest in the current product is coming out with my own, one that doesn't need to have an extra license from Plesk.
ok, because i got an application vault licence with my server i don't really care.. important for me is, that it doesn't break to much in the original plesk so that upgrading plesk is not affected by your package..

PAT

nothing against new ideas, but I personally think following:
if all the plesk-users would share one central FTP to keep
all the Appl.-Vault always up-to-date, then nobody would have
any costs. Up-to-date Appl-Vaults for FREE are always better
than to pay 199 USD to Plesk for out-to-date App.-Vaults.

It would be enough, if one user will just only surf around to
the download-area of the 3rd parties to have a look, if there
are any new updates aviable. And if yes, then download it
and upload it to the central FTP-Server, f.e. to the /incoming/ of
FTP.

If there are any voluntary users here, then please feel free to
post me a private message. Just now, there are about 100
different Appl-Vaults which must be checked out from time
to time (letz say, every 7-14 days one time to surf around). It is
not a must for one voluntary user to surf up all the 100
softwares. It would be enough just to make the right one
organization, namely which user will check out which software
because of any updates.

Originally posted by editor
nothing against new ideas, but I personally think following:
if all the plesk-users would share one central FTP to keep
all the Appl.-Vault always up-to-date, then nobody would have
any costs. Up-to-date Appl-Vaults for FREE are always better
than to pay 199 USD to Plesk for out-to-date App.-Vaults.

just to clearify, has the app-vault the original source packages of the applications? i had the impression that these packages need to be patched to work properly within plesk..

PAT

Just wanted to add that I started converting over to Windows Plesk Application Vault and have two scripts done so far

b2evolution & myBloggie. Just working my way down the list and seeing what I can do.

Originally posted by perler
just to clearify, has the app-vault the original source packages of the applications? i had the impression that these packages need to be patched to work properly within plesk..

no, because the Appl.Vaults are only saved onto the harddisk.

SW-Soft did only following: They downloaded all the 33 files
to their server http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ After it, they offer
these files for you to download to your Plesk-Server via the
same http://autoinstall.plesk.com/

Or with other words: They only "forward" the files to you to your
Plesk-Server, so you need not to surf around the internet to
pick piece by piece for it.

The problem in this thread describes, that SW-Soft do not
offer up-to-date softwares. If ou click on [Updater], they use
http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ to spam your Plesk-server full
with out-to-date softwares. They do not take care for all the
version-numbers. This is why they offer so many buggy
Appl-Vaults, because they are not up-to-date.

Best examples are: pblog, wordpress, etc.

This is why I had the idea to create an own "center" with the
same (and of course more) Appl.Vaults. The big difference is,
that the plesk-user themselves are able to take care for the
right one version-number, so the files will always be up-to-date.
We do not need then SW-Soft anymore.

first, try to get into contact directly with sw-soft (by mail or phone), maybe they listen.

secondly, it shouldn't be too hard to find the location in the plesk code where the autoupdater url is in (a first grep showed nothing but i'm new to plesk, so someone else might know where to look)

if all this fails an entry in /etc/hosts

autoinstall.plesk.com YOURIP

should do it. you would surely break the updater, but we could create a script which changes the /etc/hosts file before doing an update.

PAT

i dont get one thing :S

WHY on earth i have to pay for application bundle for old software?

second, if i do pay to plesk, and things are updated, managed and sold by the third party, whatz the logic for paying for same thing twice?

almost all the software now is very old versions of application, i do update by ART but most applications there are also atleast one release or one update old.

Back