• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apply DNS template to all domains

mooiesite

Basic Pleskian
Im testing migration from plesk 9.5.4 to 11
After migrating domains these new domains have a combination of old dns template and new one.

When i try to apply the new dns template to all migrated domains i get the following choice:

1. Apply the changes to unaltered zones. If a zone was customized (new records were added or existing ones were changed), Panel will not apply the changes from the template to such zones.

2. Apply the changes to all zones. Panel will apply changes from the template to all DNS zones including the customized ones. Note that user-modified records always remain intact. For example, if the template contains a new record that was already added by a customer, Panel will keep the customer's record.

Im actually missing option 3. Delete all old records (including user-modified records ) and apply the new template to all zones/domains, no matter what :)

Anyway of achieving this? (sql is ok)

Last edited:
Have you seen output of # /usr/local/psa/bin/dns --help command? I think that you can find there many interesting.

Im actually missing option 3. Delete all old records (including user-modified records ) and apply the new template to all zones/domains, no matter what :)
You can restore DNS zone with button Restore Defaults on the DNS zone page.
or use --reset command of the /usr/local/psa/bin/dns utility:
--reset or -res <domain_name|domain_alias_name>
Restores the default DNS zone by the
template

Back