• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

April 4 '07 Plesk update

F

Flexis Hosting

I was looking for updates in Plesk and I saw there are some from April 4 '07. I was looking in the release notes but I coudn't find a thing about this update. :confused:

Does somebody know what is changed? I always want to know what is change before I update. Plesk and updates are not a good combination... ;)

on debian i get this update too, i don't know what changes they made in detail, but this packages have changed:

dpkg -l | grep 81070404.14
ii psa-api 8.1.1-debian3.1.build81070404.14 Plesk API (common files)
ii psa-api-rpc 8.1.1-debian3.1.build81070404.14 Plesk API RPC
ii psa-backup-manager 8.1.1-debian3.1.build81070404.14 Plesk Backup manager utility.
ii psa-migration-manager 8.1.1-debian3.1.build81070404.14 Plesk Migration Manager

I have atm Fedora 1, and I have the same updates as danliker.

There's an update to "Base Package for Plesk" now. I keep hittint update but dont have a clue what they are. I've tried looking through the site but there does not seem to be any information on what these updates or patches do.

Im on 8.1.1

Base packages of Plesk
Your ON: April 4, 2007
Latest Release: April 23, 2007
An update is available

Has anyone figured out what the April 23 release does?
It doesn't feel comfortable to push an update button without knowing what it does.

The April 23 update for PSA 8.1.1 is just a single package: psa-hotfix3. I don't know what exactly is hotfixed though.

there have been some updated packages back in april 4, which strangelly though didnt change the build number back then.
still, no changelog for them either...

Perhaps they do it for a security matter, maybe they wait abit longer before people have time 2 update the plesk machines...
But that is my point of view, dunno if it's true :)

psa-hotfix3-8.1.1-cos4.build81070423.15.i586

No anouncements indeed OK may be for security concerns,
i was very suspicious about this update

but i dont think the mystery is about security concerns...

[root@ns1 swsoft]# rpm -ql psa-hotfix2
(contains no files)

actually i believe that psa-hotfix2 was empty and they realized that they have built an empty rpm package and issued psa-hotfix3

any comments will be great

-- knocx

SWsoft also release rpms that don't install files but just run scripts. Check rpm -q --scripts psa-hotfix3 to see the scripts that were run when the package was installed.

why doesnt swsoft publish the changelog for the april build... this is really bad, i don't like updating my software without knowing what has been changed!!!

FINALLY!!!

- Issue with "PRODUCT_ROOT_D not defined" error while uploading certificate is resolved
- Issue with errors on Report pages is resolved
- Several security problems are resolved. It is strongly recommended to install this update.
- Issue with Errors on hosting creation page is resolved
- Issue with web and mail services on Domain Aliases after creation is resolved
- Several issues with IE7 competibility are resolved
- Problem with mchk and antispam options in dot qmail files is resolved

(http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Debian3.1/psa_8.1.1-debian3.1.build81070423.19_i386.html)

So this is the changelog, one and a half months after the actual update was issued!

Back