• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue apt-update has errors [Web Presenence Builder, WPB, amd64 unsupported]

groove21

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hey,

has anyone an idea on this error?
Paketlisten werden gelesen… Fertig
N: Das Laden der konfigurierten Datei »all/binary-amd64/Packages« wird übersprungen, da das Depot »Index of /pool/WPB_18.0.51_64 all InRelease« die Architektur »amd64« nicht unterstützt.
plesk.list:
## Persistent repositories for Plesk Products.
deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] Index of /pool/PSA_18.0.51_11495 bullseye extras
deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] Index of /PHP74_17 bullseye all
deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] Index of /PHP80_17 bullseye all
deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] Index of /PHP81_17 bullseye all
deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] Index of /PHP82_17 bullseye all
deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] Index of /pool/WPB_18.0.51_64 all all

Please contact Plesk support team. If you have a license from a reseller that does not grant support access, you can still get support by using the 30 days trial period. Please report back here what the cause was, because other users had seen the same but the community so far did not come up with a solution.

same issue her:
N: Das Laden der konfigurierten Datei »all/binary-amd64/Packages« wird übersprun gen, da das Depot »Index of /pool/WPB_18.0.51_64 all InReleas e« die Architektur »amd64« nicht unterstützt.
is there any way to fix it?

Once again I can only ask you to please contact support. I have asked above, because the issue is likely caused by an unsupported package configuration, and as we don't know what's on your system, I do not recommend messing around with guesses in this case. If you do not want to contact support, you can take your chances to try a modification, but this could also break dependencies on your system and render it useless.

1)
# vi /etc/apt/sources.list

2) Modify this line:
Before:
deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] http://autoinstall.plesk.com/pool/WPB_18.0.51_64/ all all
After:
deb [arch=i386 signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] http://autoinstall.plesk.com/pool/SITEBUILDER_18.0.50_30/ all all

3)
# apt-get update

But again: Absolutely no guarantees, because we do not know what the package manager situation is in the specific case unless a support engineer can check it directly on your server.

I have installed on a brandnew server with Debian 11 and also Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04 and got allways the same result.
cant get it fixed!
here the update results on ubuntu 20.04 after a installed new:
N: Ignoring file 'plesk.list.ai_back' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'all/binary-amd64/Packages' as repository 'Index of /pool/WPB_18.0.51_64 all InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'amd64'
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'all/binary-amd64/Packages' as repository 'Index of /pool/WPB_18.0.53_67 all InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'amd64'

I happen to have the same issue:
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'all/binary-amd64/Packages' as repository 'Index of /pool/WPB_18.0.51_64 all InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'amd64'

Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.53.2
OS version: Ubuntu 20.04 x86_64
Build date: 2023/06/19 12:00
Revision: 3bb4bcb8a6856cd7947168ad037a180dc06fbcf4

I happen to have the same issue:

Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.53.2
OS version: Ubuntu 20.04 x86_64
Build date: 2023/06/19 12:00
Revision: 3bb4bcb8a6856cd7947168ad037a180dc06fbcf4
Happens on two machines, Plesk and OS version are the same.

Please open a support ticket. It does not help to repeat that someone has the same issue. There is no known standard solution, it is required that staff checks the issue on at least one affected server to come up with a standardized solution, and it would be really great if the person who got it presented it here.

You do not "pay twice". Licenses from a reseller are a lot cheaper, because Plesk support is not included in these. If you want 100% service, you also need to pay 100% of the price. But there is a solution for you: If you opt for a license without Plesk support, we'll still be happy to assist in a 30 days free trial of the support subscription.

Apparently there are several with the same problem on completely new systems. I have the same error now.

If you buy software and updates bring in bugs, don't make users pay to fix the bugs. This is obviously not about a special, individual case of a single user on a special system, but about a problem that apparently affects many users due to an update.

I've the same error, but see this thread now: Issue - Plesk Update: as repository 'http://autoinstall.plesk.com/pool/WPB_18.0.51_64 all InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'amd64'

If you buy software and updates bring in bugs, don't make users pay to fix the bugs.
Plesk does not make users pay to fix the bugs. We offer a 30 days free support period even to users who do not have support included in their licenses.

I installed plesk new on Alma Linux 8 to get it fixed because same error on debain and ubuntu on all not eol revisions.
Next step will be to search for an alternate of plesk because how plesk treat there costumers is not acceptable.

Next step will be to search for an alternate of plesk because how plesk treat there costumers is not acceptable.
You mean that Plesk provides free support to users who don't want to pay for support is not acceptable? What do you suggest instead?

if i install plesk with the one click installer on fresh new installed Debian or Ubuntu and the update command outputs error than its a bug and not a case for the support team.
i spend many hours the get my problem fixed!
So the answer to your question is that i am ready to pay for support if its my fault, but i am not ready to pay for fixing your bugs.

Again: There is a 30 days free trial. Noone has asked you to pay anything. You only pay for support if you continue the subscription.

The error seems to have been fixed in the current Plesk Obsidian version 18.0.54. The message

no longer appears. There is now a new surprise for this:

N: Ignoring file 'plesk.list.ai_back' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension

Back