• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Are health monitoring thresholds per core or total?

dave7802

New Pleskian
plesk has a built-in health monitoring which lets you configure alarm thresholds for automatic notification. most of these thresholds are percentage-based to flag a notification if memory or cpu usage gets too high.

i'm having trouble determining how these percentages are measured. measuring for memory is easy (we're dealing with a fixed figure here) but cpu usage is more complicated on multi-proc servers.

CPU Info:
Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 8
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
Thread(s) per core: 2
Core(s) per socket: 4
Socket(s): 1
NUMA node(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 42
Stepping: 7
CPU MHz: 1600.000
BogoMIPS: 6784.52
Virtualization: VT-x
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 256K
L3 cache: 8192K
NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-7

Now am i right in thinking, that if a single core hits the 90% then this would trigger the Alarm on the Health Monitoring?

Most of my Flags are from 80% = Yellow to 90% = Red
And its pretty much always on Red, I believe this is because its Multi Core and the health tool is working on a single core.

if i use the command TOP with Shift and I
Then i get the overall CPU process, and its nothing along the lines as to what the health monitor is showing me the total % is.

I dont know if i have picked up false information or been miss guided, But maybe someone can help steer me in the right direction, or shine a little light on it at least

:)

Thanks

Blocked out a few details i.e. users for security.

Attachments

• Top CPU Single.PNG
    Top CPU Single.PNG
    44.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Top CPU Total.PNG
    Top CPU Total.PNG
    43 KB · Views: 2
Is there no one who can answer this, No one with Multi Core Knowledge.
No Plesk Mods or Advisor who have more knowledge on the backed of the software?

Edited:
its Ashame that no one from here can actually comment on this.

but after digging around, it appears i was correct. Health monitor works on Highest % Core, instead of a overall.

You an reduce the warnings, by altering the XML config file, and setting:
<Queue period="longterm"/>

This should work a load average on 15 minutes, It will reduce the warnings by a large number, But its no proper solution.

it would of been ideal to actually get a response from the software vendors. But that demonstrates its customer support.
At least acknowledging the issue, considerings its been a issue since multi core has been around.

Last edited:
Back