• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Are there problems with Upgrading from Ubuntu 16.x LTS to 18.x LTS?

Walter

Basic Pleskian
I just upgraded to Obsidian and must say it seemed flawless. I would like to upgrade my server from Ubuntu 16.0.4 LTS to Ubuntu 18.0.4 and would like to know if there are any known issues with Plesk when performing an OS upgrade on the same server?

I'd plan on issuing the following commands as necessary. Am I missing anything for this to work with Obsidian?

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt install update-manager-core
sudo do-release-upgrade

Thank you for your time!

I just did a distupgrade from 16.04. to 18.04 with Onyx. Not sure what Plesk team has to test over the last couple of month/years here. The dist upgrade went super smooth, although it is a 5 year old production server. Before you update you have to adjust the sources.list. Otherwise your plesk installation is being removed.Add the follwing line:

deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PSA_17.8.11 xenial all

Then the usual procedure:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
do-release-upgrade

Verify during distupgrade whether the plesk core package are not being removed. Old php version like 5.5 will be removed and that is ok.

And for the sake of completeness. Backup, backup, backup! I had spare server in place because I was expecting the worst.

Back