• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

ASL in Plesk ?

PietroV.

New Pleskian
Hello!

After installing Plesk 12 on a test machine we got every hour an email from [email protected] with subject "cronjob@testmachine.com - hourly - FAILURE" and it say:
"running hourly cronjob scripts
SCRIPT: asl exited with RETURNCODE = 127."

We found no Returncode 127 or even the asl. Does anyone got an idea?

Btw, we know what asl stand for...

Best regards

Thanks for your repley, where could i found it?
/etc/asl/ ?
which file should be which chown by whom?

Thanks for your repley, where could i found it?
/etc/asl/ ?
which file should be which chown by whom?

most likely /etc/cron.hourly/

AFAIK asl is not part of Plesk, so I figure you are on your own from here on :( (sorry - I didnt mess a lot with asl)

Thanks for your help. I figured out, ASL was installed with Plesk 12. So, somewhere in Plesk it must be able to make changes or even to find out what errorcode 127 is.

hi, today I installed mod_sec for apache on plesk 12.0.18 Update #23, last updated at Nov 12, 2014 08:39 AM

since then I also get emails with the following error:
[noparse]
running hourly cronjob scripts

SCRIPT: asl exited with RETURNCODE = 127.
[/noparse]

the configuration under /etc/asl/config shows the following settings:
REPUTATION_REPORT="yes"
REPUTATION_FREQUENCY="hourly"

the script at /etc/cron.hourly/asl has the following lines:

[noparse]
# Run rep report
if [ "$REPUTATION_REPORT" == "yes" ]; then
if [ "$REPUTATION_FREQUENCY" == "hourly" ]; then
/var/asl/bin/asl --rep_report >/dev/null 2>&1
fi
fi
[/noparse]

the problem is that the command /var/asl/bin/asl does not exist, so the cron script fails and returns error code 127.
in my installation I see only the following files in /var/asl/bin

-rwx------ 1 root root 1805 Oct 22 22:18 update_config.pl
-rwx------ 1 root root 10529040 Oct 22 22:18 aum
-rwx------ 1 root root 2639 Oct 22 22:18 asl_cli_c

switching off the reputation reports would avoid the error, however, anyone know why /var/asl/bin/asl is not installed?

@AnkeWZL:
Thanks for your reply. We figured out the same result as you got. One Option is to deinstall mod_sec, but do we really want this?

Anyone who have some expiernce with ASL?

Back