• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

.asp doesnt function gives error...

Y

yurtesen

I tried to run a simple ASP script and saw this error in my logs

[Thu Jul 20 23:26:00 2006] [error] [client 84.248.223.160] Can't locate object method "log_error" via package "Apache::RequestRec" at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Apache/ASP.pm line 1709.\n

I found the error in the script, it was an 'include' statement and the system couldnt find the file, however why does it give this weird message? Why not something more meaningful?

Thanks,
Evren

I get the same exact error from a script that was migrated from a RH ChiliASP box
to my current Plesk 8.1 / CentOS 4.4 / Apache::ASP box.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

If it can't be resolved under Apache ASP, is it safe to install ChiliASP?

I have the same problem...

Hi, I have the same problem. Anyone has help to give?
JS

Hi, I have the same problem. Anyone has help to give?

I didn't know much about Apache ASP when I made my previous post (above). Since then, I've learned
that Apache ASP is frequently incompatible with ASP pages, unless they were specifically written
with consideration for Apache ASP's limitations. I ended up rewriting my customer's app in PERL
because it was easier for me, than rewriting it with Apache ASP's limitations.

I had almost perfect support for mainstream ASP on my last server, running Sun ChiliASP (now called
Sun Java System Active Server Pages). I'm thinking about installing it - but it's over $500 USD
so I'll have to think pretty hard. At least they have a trial version.

Before installing Sun Java System Active Server Pages, you should review their system requirements
and contact their sales department at (800) 786-0404 (in the U.S.) for more information.

Meanwhile, you may be able to resolve some of your Apache ASP problems by studying the examples
and other references at http://www.apache-asp.org. Good luck.

I kill that error by putting the following at the top of /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Apache/ASP.pm

"use Apache::Log;"

But now I get a different error =)

Back