• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP FORM SCRIPT help please

Thanks, all of these were there except for this:

that would stop it from working!

does it work now?

Do they need to use the mailenable api instead of CDONTS or CDOSYS?

nope all should work!

i use CDOSYS as it gives better error information than CDONTS. not looked into mailenables api i only presumed it has one.
i am happy using CDOSYS i posted some code on page 1 of this thread.

if you cant get it to work send me a private message with your current mailenable log and i will see if i can see the problem !

ooh yes just a thought

under mail enable admin

localhost -> system -> services

make sure they are all running!...... i expect they are, otherwise you would have other problems .

AndiC_UK

Originally posted by AndiC_UK

Thanks for the replies!!

does it work now?

I have emailed customer to check

if you cant get it to work send me a private message with your current mailenable log and i will see if i can see the problem !

How can I look at the logs? Where are they located? Is there a way to view them real time?

under mail enable admin

localhost -> system -> services

make sure they are all running!...... i expect they are, otherwise you would have other problems .

They are all running=)

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

AndiC_UK

How can I look at the logs? Where are they located? Is there a way to view them real time?

mailenable admin
got to connectors -> SMTP -> logs

there are three different types all with usefull info.

i use the activity most off the time

no its not real time you have to close a log, hit the refresh button and reopen/open new log. :mad:

regards

AndiC_UK

mailenable admin
got to connectors -> SMTP -> logs

there are three different types all with usefull info.

i use the activity most off the time

no its not real time you have to close a log, hit the refresh button and reopen/open new log. :mad:

regards

AndiC_UK
still not working:mad:

send me a activity log via PM at time of test.
and i will try ti help

AndiC_UK

send me a activity log via PM at time of test.
and i will try ti help

AndiC_UK
Hi,
There isn't anything in the mailenable smtp activity log. Does SMTP need to be enabled for IIS for this to work?

After further investigation. When submitting the form it gives a "page cannot be displayed error". I wasnt seeing this error before because I use Mozilla, but on IE 6 that error is displayed so something isn't set up right. The script works fine at a different host.

You can also use jmail from http://www.dimac.net/
There is a free version that works fine also with al lot of domains. This one also works with MailEnable. There are some examples on this site that explain.

After the installation of Plesk 7 the default smtp server (MS IIS) is altered. The server runs on port 8025. Try using this port in your scripts but check your relay settings in iis manager!

Yes, I think MS SMTP needs to be installed for CDOSYS to work at all IIRC.

Back