• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Asp.NET 3.5?

S

Spacerino

Is there a way to get Asp.NET 3.5 working in Plesk 8.2.0? Has anyone done this before?
Thanks,

Sven.

ASP.NEt 3.5 is working with Plesk, but you cannot select it as version for domains.
Configure it manually in IIS.

John S.G.

Its is working, but you can't set it manually. In the final version (not beta2) it detects the framework version automatically. in the iis you can only change from 1.1 to 2. Thats because the version 1.1 and 2 or different in the architecture, the following framework version are only addons.

Does Plesk 8.3 allow users to add ASP.Net 3.5 support to their domains, or does it still have to be done manually in IIS?

When you say manually through IIS, do you mean just download the 3.5 framework and install it using the setup option?

Sorry guys I am a complete novice to plesk. I have just bought a remote 3rd party hosted dedicated server. I have only realised now that it offers ASP.NET 2.0 support, but not 3.5. I have no help from the hosting company, the pricks.

Can someone give me a blow by blow account on how to install ASP.NET 3.5 on the machine please. I have done it on my local machines, but they are windows xp. Assume I am a 5 year old.

(The domain is setup and it easily runs ASP.NET 2.0 pages).

Much appreciated.

Installation of .NET 3.5

Hi. Did you ever get an answer for this? I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bear in mind that even after ASP.Net 3.5 is installed, Plesk will still report it as being 2.0 because 3.5 is essentially 2.0 with a few more libraries thrown in.

web.config file

Thanks, Michael. Do I have to change the version number in the web.config file?

Ken

Back