• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

assign additional IP address fails

Henri

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

I use CentOS 6.7 / Plesk 12.0.18 Update # 74 and have an additional IP address set up, the address can be to ping and is routed correctly I can assign and administer in Plesk.
I then assigned to this address a new reseller account, it works well so far everything completely well only when I synchronize the service package of the reseller (because it is disabled) then he gets reassigned to the wrong IP.
Does anyone have any advice?

Hello,

Please provide us with more details. Is new IP dedicated? Step by step actions before reseller gets reassigned to the wrong IP

Hi Lev,
I had both options trying times used as a common and sometimes as dedicated.
I have set up on CentOS with the Network Scripts The IP address, which went smoothly,
IP is also routed and can be reached from the WWW.
Contents of the / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth0: 1
Looks like this:
Code:
DEVICE=eth0:1
BOOTPROTO=none
ONPARENT=yes
IPADDR=37.120.XXX.XXX
PREFIX=32
Then I saved everything and performed a reboot.
Then I logged into Plesk and under:
Home> Tools & Settings reread> IP addresses, the IP addresses, then there appeared the second IP address as the dedicated, this I used then switched on together because I need this for two clients, now it looks in Plesk as follows from:
Code:
IP address                     subnet mask    surface Reseller Websites
37.120.XXX.XXX (shared) 255.255.252.0          eth0        0         28
37.120.XXX.XXX (shared) 255.255.255.255        eth0        0         1
What made me somewhat suspicious was the point that both run on the same surface, so eth0 although yes the second IP on the first virtual adapter runs so eth0: 1, but that may well be a pure representation matter of Plesk.
Then I created a new reseller and its package defines, then back to Home> Tools & Settings> IP Addresses and click on the link of the 0 in the second address (in the column Reseller) clicked and the newly created Reseller IP assigned address, it worked well so far everything perfectly.
Then I have the reseller revoked the first IP address and synchronizes the reseller package,
after synchronization is then always the first so the wrong IP in it.
I have also tried other ways, however, the result was always the same, assign yes only not synchronize then is always the wrong in it.
Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Hello,

I found the root cause. You should add this new IP address in Reseller Plan(you named it package). Due to the fact that in Plan another IP address is set, you face such behavior.
Hope it will be helpful for you!

Go to Service Plans > Reseller Plans > Choose required plan > IP Adresses.
Then sync reseller with this Plan.

Hi Lev,
I thank you very much, you saved my day :)
Your suggestion worked immediately.

Best regards from Germany
Dave

Back