• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Atmail Full

Christopher McBride

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Has anyone purchased Atmail Full for Plesk and are able to give more advice than Parallels can about a product they resell?

I'm very interested in the new version of Atmail (v6 http://atmail.com/webmail-client/) as it's a half-way bridge between POP/IMAP and Exchange.

The trouble is, I can't find out anything about what is offered via Parallels/Plesk.

Can anyone shed any light onto the following please?

- Am I right in assuming that the Atmail Full plugin is the "Webmail Client" product from the Atmail site - e.g. Preserving Postfix/Qmail as the MTA?

- Once installed, will it become a webmail option for each domain like the current options to switch between Horde/Atmail Lite?

- Is this a custom-built version for Plesk? Or is it the stock version from Atmail with an additional layer of integration?

- If custom for Plesk, which Atmail version is it at?

- If not, can future upgrades released from Atmail (which are quite frequent) be done direct from the Atmail site?

I have chatted online with Parallels who directed me to Technical Support (which I do not have the additional licence to speak to them with); I emailed the UK sales office (which I have had no reply) and I've telephoned the UK office (who took my details and told me someone would get back to me).

Hopefully someone's taken the plunge into the unknown and can help me here!

Thanks

Thanks Igor, the KB was a help (i think) but there's just a couple more things I need cleared up really.

- Am I right in assuming that the Atmail Full plugin is the "Webmail Client" product from the Atmail site - e.g. Preserving Postfix/Qmail as the MTA?
KB Confirms this as yes

- Once installed, will it become a webmail option for each domain like the current options to switch between Horde/Atmail Lite?
KB Confirms this as yes

- Is this a custom-built version for Plesk? Or is it the stock version from Atmail with an additional layer of integration?
Not confirmed by KB - but I'm presuming yes?

- If custom for Plesk, which Atmail version is it at?
KB shows v5.61

- If not, can future upgrades released from Atmail (which are quite frequent) be done direct from the Atmail site?
Don't know

Do you know if the KB is up to date with version numbers?
Is it Parallels who creates the "Application" upon new releases of Atmail? Or is it Atmail developers?

As mentioned previously, its the V6 I'm looking for - it has a whole host of new features - not to mention an amazin front-end on their webmail.

Thanks again Igor

Any other users of Atmail Full out there who are able to offer any advice?

Igor, I believe the Atmail Full rpm becomes available when a licence for it is added and so it's rpm is not in the public repo's - can you check the private repo to see what version it is at for me please?

Thanks

But we haven't commercial Atmail version in Plesk distributive.

I'm not sure that commercial version will be included to Plesk. Use provided KB article if you want to use commercial Atmail on Plesk.

It is available to purchase from the Parallels online store.

http://www.parallels.com/store/atmail/

Following the KB article, upon entering the licence code into your Plesk Panel, it will be available from "Applications".

I just don't want to pay for a product that I don't know more about - the main thing being the version available.

I hope you can find out more infor for me Igor - thanks.

Hmmm... Just use free default lite version if you do not know for what commercial version is necessary for you.
More details about commercial Atmail you can find on their official site at least.

Sorry - I didn't explain myself well there - I know what the commercial version is, but I want the features that version 6 provides.

On the KB article, it shows V5.61 - but V6 was released since then.

I am looking to find if the Plesk version is V6 now too, or if Parallels must modify it and are behind the official releases.

Hi Igor,

I've now purchased the full version and been in touch with Atmil to try to get to the bottom of this.

The version in Plesk is 5.6.

It looks the same as the free Atmail Lite version but has more features behind it.
v6.1 of Atmail looks amazing and has alot of great features (http://atmail.com/webmail-client).

A Forum administrator at Atmail have confirmed that it is up to Parallels to make the integration modificaions to v6.1 to make it compatible with Plesk.

Can you please ask the Devs when they expect these integrations will be completed and for an update to be made available?

Thanks

I have submitted corresponding feature request about Atmail 6.x version implementation. I have no any ETA when it will be considered and implemented but I will updated this thread with any useful information about this request.

I have submitted corresponding feature request about Atmail 6.x version implementation. I have no any ETA when it will be considered and implemented but I will updated this thread with any useful information about this request.

I am also interested in Atmail full v6

Hi Igor,

Without trying to pester you again - are you able to get an update from the Devs for the v6 release of Atmail?

Can you confirm that the plugin has not been dropped and there will, at some stage, be an update to v6?

Thanks

Yes, that is a very nice alternative webmail client. I feel the full version ought to be provided to licenced versions of Plesk users as part of the standard package. Reason is that there are alot of issues with Plesk that I have experienced since the new server I am leasing offered it, and so far every month I am asking the host to contact Plesk with repeat problems regarding Dr. Web and Webmail. If we are reporting bugs and making the Plesk panel a better product, we ought to get some goodies from time to time !

I'm also ready to buy the latest version of Atmail.

Can the Parallels management team please give this update the priority it deserves. It's crazy selling an outdated version of Atmail webmail from November 2008, and giving no guarantee of how often it will be updated in the future.

If Parallels are going to offer 3rd party products that effectively bundle with Plesk, they MUST ensure that they keep up to date with recent versions of the 3rd party products.

Igor, got any updates!?!?

Back