• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Atmail problem

X

xtreme2490

I get :

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/Global.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/atmail:/var/log/atmail:/etc/psa:/tmp:/var/tmp) in /var/www/atmail/index.php on line 67

Warning: main(Global.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/atmail/index.php on line 67

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Global.php' (include_path=':libs/Atmail:libs/PEAR:libs') in /var/www/atmail/index.php on line 67

Running Plesk 9.0.2 on FC4

Indeed , when i try to login.
Doesn't matter which domain it is . If i select Atmail as webmail client , i get the above error when trying to access webmail.

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/Global.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/atmail:/var/log/atmail:/etc/psa:/tmp:/var/tmp) in /var/www/atmail/index.php on line 67

Hi xtreme2490, I don't have a fix for you problem, but I thought I would respond seeing as nobody else has. Your error messages, seem contradictory. The bit that really has me stumped is the File(/Global.php).

I would check line 67 of /var/www/atmail/index.php - mine says "require_once('Global.php');" - if yours has a slash before 'Global' that will be the problem.

Otherwise, why is it resolving 'Global.php' to '/Global.php' - all I can assume is that it is a bug in php as '/' isn't (and shouldn't be) in your include_path (only 'libs/Atmail', 'libs/Pear' and 'libs' are - the same as my working Atmail on COS5) so why it would resolve to '/Global.php' I can't say.

Something I did notice is that you are using FC4, I would recommend that you consider upgrading to a newer distro. Although FC4 is supported, it can sometimes be difficult update PHP once Plesk is installed - a fresh install on FC8 or COS5.2 or any recent distro you prefer, might be more trouble (I'll leave it to you to decide if it is worth the hassle of upgrading).

In global.php on line 67 there's no leading / , it says : require_once('Global.php');

Hi xtreme2490,

I have exactly the same error, well I am on a Ubuntu sytem so I have a sligthly different path where plesk and atmail are installed, but I have the same error about "File(/Global.php)".

The solution is quite simple. Log into your system and open the file /var/www/atmail/header.php. It should look like

<?php
$path = '' . PATH_SEPARATOR .'libs/Atmail' . PATH_SEPARATOR . 'libs/PEAR' . PATH_SEPARATOR . 'libs';
set_include_path($path);
?>

Change it into

<?php
$path = '.' . PATH_SEPARATOR .'libs/Atmail' . PATH_SEPARATOR . 'libs/PEAR' . PATH_SEPARATOR . 'libs';
set_include_path($path);
?>

notice the dot at the beginning of the $path variable and your good to go.
Well at least it solved the problem for me in plesk 9.0.0 and after the update to 9.0.1

best regards

That did it , thnx.

I'm still having problems to login, but atleast some mailboxen can use it now.

Only when i use a mailbox that contains not to many mails , it works.
If i use a mailbox that has 100 mails in it , than i cannot login .

Someone ?

I've found it :

The cause is bad characters in a subject field which breaks the XML. All data is contained in a CDATA block to reduce the possibility of this however it can still happen with some characters (e.g control characters).

This is a bug in version Atmail 5.3.

Parallels please update Atmail !!!

Back