• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Attempted upgrade to v11 - "Failed to check whether a new license key is available."

TimMcTPC

Basic Pleskian
attempting to upgrade to v11 from 10.4.4#36 gives the following message before the upgrade is started:

Code:
autoinstaller: Error in execution of /root/parallels/PSA_11.0.9/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh

Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license key will result in the installation of a default license key with limited functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate license key before continuing with the product upgrade.

(tickbox) I confirm that I want to continue upgrading.

checking plesk.getkeyinfo.sh shows this line to be faulty:

Code:
num=`$mysql -e "SELECT id FROM key_history WHERE name IS NULL AND filename = '/etc/psa/psa.key' ORDER BY id ASC"`

i have checked key_history and there are no rows in that table. the next line in the script uses the return value of the above query, which results in the error:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

is this a bug? i've chosen not to upgrade until this is fixed as i do not want any license issues. can this be looked at please?

I dont think its a bug, there must be a problem somewhere. However may I request you to try upgrading from SSH bash by running the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller

and following the next instructions there ..

TimMcTPC, please use parameter 'ignore-key-errors' for 'autoinstaller' in order to upgrade Plesk to the latest version.

$PRODUCT_ROOT_D/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-latest --upgrade-installed-components --ignore-key-errors

Same problem here..

You have the product version Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4 installed.
Do you want to upgrade it?

Y) Yes; N) No
Type Y for yes, or N for No: y
File downloading PSA_11.0.9/plesk-11.0.9-cos5-x86_64.inf3: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% was finished.
File downloading PSA_11.0.9/plesk-patches-11.0.9-cos5-x86_64.inf3: 14%..22%..37%..45%..53%..61%..77%..85%..100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_11.0.8/sitebuilder-11.0.8-rhall-all.inf3: 64%..100% was finished.
File downloading BILLING_11.0.9/billing-11.0.9-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading MYSQL_5.5/mysql-5.5-rhel5-x86_64.inf3: 34%..100% was finished.
File downloading APACHE_2.2.22/apache-2.2.22-rh5-x86_64.inf3: 30%..100% was finished.
File downloading NGINX_1.3.0/nginx-1.3.0-cos5-x86_64.inf3: 100% was finished.
Detecting installed product components.
Gathering information about installed license key...
File downloading PSA_11.0.9/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% was finished.
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
autoinstaller: Error in execution of /root/parallels/PSA_11.0.9/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh

Failed to check whether a new license key is available.

Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license key
will result in the installation of a default license key with limited
functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate
license key before continuing with the product upgrade.

Do you want to continue?
Type either Yes or No:
[N]:
ERROR: You have just finished your session by pressing Ctrl + D.
Not all packages were installed.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.

Do you want to continue?
Type either Yes or No:
[N]:

I always type "Yes" at that stage. Its a common error. Alternatively, just run autoinstaller with the --ignore-key-errors flag. Eg

$PRODUCT_ROOT_D/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-latest --upgrade-installed-components --ignore-key-errors

Problem was fixed. Please, run autoinstaller again.

Detecting installed product components.
Gathering information about installed license key...
File downloading PSA_11.0.9/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% was finished.
Exchanging information with licensing server.

# md5sum plesk_getkeyinfo.sh
b00c59798ef0d3068b2ebbee2daec260 plesk_getkeyinfo.sh
#

Back