• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Attempting to restart plesk

pandpan

Basic Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I have come a long way to fixing my plesk installation. But I'm still not yet done.

You see.. OVH installation panel said it was a "Linux Plesk 12.5 (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)" Installation...

But i get an error: ./psa: line 39: /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/psa_service: no such file or directory - this is when i attempt a ./psa restart

Why is it trying to find an older plesk edition? And how do i get my plesk copy working?

Plesk restart command should be this chain:
# /etc/init.d/psa stopall
# /etc/init.d/psa start
plesk-9.0 is a directory name only. It does not matter which version psa_service is of. However if the service is missing, it might become difficult to start it. You may first need to install it, which is normally done during the installation of the panel. Maybe re-run installation?

I have no idea what your current installation state is and cannot give you specific advice on whether to do this install or not. Normally I'd first try

# plesk repair installation

However, with your quote "come a long way to fixing my plesk installation" I assume that there have been many previous issues, so basically, yes, everything can be dangerous.

Hello Peter!

I would try "# plesk repair installation" but it keeps telling me "Command not found"

Should i uninstall whatever plesk i have and start again? Or should i just do it right on top?

Back