• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Attempts to exceed outgoing limits for domains, mailboxes and subscriptions.

How does Plesk (here, 17.5.3) handle mail limits when external mail-services are used?

The question aims on the fact that I do receive notifications about exceeding a given limit (specified a max value globally and some other limits by subscription plans) but it it is neither enforced nor do I actually care too much if an subscription-related limit is reached when the sending is not handled by my server anyway.
I.e. in below example notification, all 148 mails have been sent (which is fine, as per my understanding a sending limit should be enforced only when native plesk mailing service is used), yet I do receive these notifications (which makes me wonder).

Example notification received by mail:

Please be informed,
following customers' domains, mailboxes and subscriptions are reached their limits for outgoing emails for the period:
From Nov/27/2018 16:58
To Nov/27/2018 17:58
Subscriptions
domain.tld, the limit is 60 messages per hour
148 attempt(s) to exceed limits from Nov/27/2018 17:25 to Nov/27/2018 17:30​

Back