• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AUTH.TAB Corrupt - mchk.exe failing to resolve

eugenevdm

Regular Pleskian
My AUTH.TAB file is highly corrupt. I first noticed this when clients phoned me to say the passwords for their e-mail aren't working anymore.

I noticed there were two AUTH.TAB files, AUTH.TAB and AUTH.TAB.bak. One was 5 K and the other 28 K. When I examined the AUTH.TAB file of 5 K I noticed not only corruption but also a lot of missing entries. In the AUTH.TAB.bak file there were a lot more entries but also lots of corruption.

I then decided to restore the AUTH.TAB configuration by running
mchk.exe --all --fix-all

However, this utility runs for a short while and then fails with:
"MEAOSM.Domain.GetDomain failed"

The AUTH.TAB file is restored with valid entries, but only up to a point. There is still a lot of data missing.

Is there a way of determining why mchk.exe --all --fix-all is breaking, and where?

(by the way, here is the documentation http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/...esk-7.5-win-advanced-features-manual/9781.htm and I couldn't find anything in there. It looks like I'm going to need some serious help.)

I've looked at documentation at link you've provided and found that there is one of parameters mistaken.
Actually you should use 'mchk.exe --all --fix=all' instead of 'mchk.exe --all --fix-all'. I'll report about that mistake to our tech writers and mistake will be fixed.

Thank you 'swarm'. You have saved my life. Monday would have been hell with a corrupt AUTH.TAB.

Running mchk.exe --all --fix=all sorted the problem out. I now have a 100% intact AUTH.TAB file.

Thank you again for responding to my query. It means a lot when the SWsoft engineers responds to our problems.

Suggestion for this very important utility would be to provide some kind of running log whilst doing it's work.

kind regards,
Eugene van der Merwe

Back