1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

auto installer plesk 8.2 on centos 5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Tyger, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Tyger

Tyger Guest

i downloaded centos 5 and installed it clean, then downloaded plesk autoinstaller for it and started it, it started downloaded files all go's well but then it starts installing and im getting enoyed by the errors now now it says cant install because mysql package version and mysql versionnewer cant install at the same time

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

I believe this happens when you update the system (yum update) before running the autoinstaller. Try running the autoinstaller as the first thing after doing a minimal OS install.

3. Tyger

Tyger Guest

i tried to install plesk before updating centos and after that failed i updated centos and tryed again so does not matter

4. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

It worked for others. What is the exact error message you're receiving?

5. Tyger

Tyger Guest

dont remember the first time, anyway im used having errors on linux when i try to install plesk it never completed an instalation i tryed ubuntu redhat, and centos

6. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

I'm afraid it's a little hard to help without any info. Anyway, it should really work if you do a fresh minimal OS install, download and run the correct autoinstaller for your platform. After Plesk is installed you can yum update all you like.

7. Tyger

Tyger Guest

i reinstalled centos without updates and installed plesk this time no problems all right and it works thx all