• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Auto-Installer won't install Plesk 12.5.30

SKDamon

Basic Pleskian
I want to set up a 12.5.30 server for testing, but the installer won't let me chose to install anything prior to 17 (Onyx).

I downloaded the latest autoinstaller (md5 970c6481aaf5d67591136722118ba0de) and ran it with --all-versions from cli as root (fresh Ubuntu 16.04.2), but this will only make stable and testing versions of Plesk 17 Onyx visible. no older versions.

Calling the installer with --select-release-id PLESK_12_5_30 will only show me the Onyx versions, too.

Is there any way I can install this very version? Why wouldn't the installer give me the option to install v12 when it is clearly listed by --show-all-versions?

Hi SKDamon,

first of all, SBDavid is only partly correct, as Plesk 12.5 is just not supported on Ubuntu 16.04, which you might read as well at:

In addition, pls. note that it is recommended to use the latest stable version for test - servers, as major bug - fixes and latest developpments are advantages that no one should ignore, when they install Plesk. ;)

Could you explain as well, WHY you decided to install Plesk 12.5 instead of Plesk Onyx on your test - server?

Thanks, this was a crystal clear case of RTFM :)
Ironically, I need the 12.5 version for a hot spare instance while we upgrade our main server to ubuntu 16.04/Plesk Onyx...

Back