• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Auto-Installer won't install Plesk 12.5.30

SKDamon

Basic Pleskian
I want to set up a 12.5.30 server for testing, but the installer won't let me chose to install anything prior to 17 (Onyx).

I downloaded the latest autoinstaller (md5 970c6481aaf5d67591136722118ba0de) and ran it with --all-versions from cli as root (fresh Ubuntu 16.04.2), but this will only make stable and testing versions of Plesk 17 Onyx visible. no older versions.

Calling the installer with --select-release-id PLESK_12_5_30 will only show me the Onyx versions, too.

Is there any way I can install this very version? Why wouldn't the installer give me the option to install v12 when it is clearly listed by --show-all-versions?

Hi SKDamon,

first of all, SBDavid is only partly correct, as Plesk 12.5 is just not supported on Ubuntu 16.04, which you might read as well at:

In addition, pls. note that it is recommended to use the latest stable version for test - servers, as major bug - fixes and latest developpments are advantages that no one should ignore, when they install Plesk. ;)

Could you explain as well, WHY you decided to install Plesk 12.5 instead of Plesk Onyx on your test - server?

Thanks, this was a crystal clear case of RTFM :)
Ironically, I need the 12.5 version for a hot spare instance while we upgrade our main server to ubuntu 16.04/Plesk Onyx...

Back