• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Auto-Reply fails Plesk 12 win 2012 server

jcgalvez

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have a Windows 2012 server with plesk 12 installed and "MailEnable 8.60" as mail server (no modifications to anything)

Happens that today one of the users reported that the Auto-reply fails neither sends the auto-reply nor does nothing, so I checked "MailEnable" and the only 2 sites where would be something about this are disabled.

I enabled on MailEnable the option, but it's not automatic, and cannot be handled thru the control panel (plesk)

I searched all posible options on the KB and I verified several and all the solutions (even entering to the reg) are identical to the options on the KB

Thank you a lot

Javier

Sorry but I didn't catch your question. Could you please specify problem with more details? Thanks.

Igor,

Happens that ONE of the "features" that have PLESK FOR WINDOWS is the "auto-reply" (for email accounts) that is located here:

customer's panel: > Mail > customer's mail (click) > Auto-reply (tab)

Within that screen there is a "checkbox" that is called "Switch On Auto-reply" (up to here is all plesk website/controlpanel)

This screen on the control panel it's supposed to "handle" all the "auto-reply" so the customer do not have to "toy" with the "mailenable admin" as suggested on previous post.

Seems like at some point the auto-reply feature has been damaged on any of the updates upgrades (that in my case I did setup in automatic)

I did everything even what is on kb 116861 and everything is identical http://kb.odin.com/en/116861

That server was not "customized" it's a plain windows 2012 server + plesk installed

upload_2015-6-25_15-24-0.png

Thank you a lot for your help

Javier

Hi,
have you found a sloution on this?
Since it is summer everyone is going on holiday these days and we are sick of doing this thing manually.
I have found this link : http://kb.odin.com/en/116861
but our regedit values are already like the one in the guide.
We have installed mailenable pro version after plesk setup, is it possible that the mailenable installation broke this function? We don't have a pickupevent in MTA properties in mailenable, but as far as I know, in order to autoresponders to work with internal plesk mechanism, there has to be mta event attaching mailenable to plesk, isn't that so?

Last edited:
If community can't help with this issue why you still didn't ask help from Odin Support Team?

I have just sent my first message in this forum 8 minutes ago Igor. :)
İt is unfare to expact for such good response time from community :)

Hello, I did a "Plain" installation, and used the "free" version of Mail Enable

After several weeks breaking my head I noticed that everything pointed to the "webmail" of Mail Enable, so I logged in to an account and I setup an auto-reply and worked (configuring within the MailEnable webmail)

However all my customers complained that "before" they used to configure within the Plesk Control Panel all those "Auto-reply" items, and why now each mail user have to do it by hand? (within Mail Enable webmail???)

I simply do not have an answer for that, but as the "Server admin" I feel that everything should be handled thru the Plesk Control Panel and not separately thru the webmail.

Back