• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Auto-responder disappeared in Plesk, but keeps working...

mr-wolf

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
After the holiday of one of our client members I was asked to turn off their autoresponder.
We have the type of clients that expect us to do those kind of things.

There was no entry for her in Plesk.
When I replied her mail I immediately got her "out-of-office"

I then turned on the out-of-office and again off.
A second test is useless as it only sends 1 mail a day.
On top of this I also did a "plesk repair mail <domain>".

Today I got another mail from her that the autoresponder was still active.

It is now more than 24 hours since I tested this the last time and I can confirm it is still a problem.

Where can I patch this entry????

Can I disable sieve somewhere to stop all autoresponders?
That client is getting very nervous...

Hi mr-wolf,

pls. note, that people willing to help you need at least the following informations to be able to suggest solutions and work-arounds, to your described case:
  • The output of the command:
    Code:
    plesk version
  • Your current used mail - server combination ( i.e.: postfix + dovecot / qmail + dovecot / postfix + courier-imap / qmail + courier-imap )
  • Your current used webmail - software ( i.e.: roundcube / horde / Plesk Premium Email ( Kolab )
  • Did you install additional plugins for webmail?
  • In addition, pls. inform us, HOW the "autoresponder" has been setup. ( Over Plesk? Over webmail ? Over the clients software using an IMAP - Account? )

Sieve - filter rules are "normally" stored at "/var/qmail/mailnames/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/NAME-OF-THE-MAIL-ACCOUNT/Maildir/.sieve". Could you pls. check, if that file exist and if it exists, could you pls. provide the content?

It's Plesk 17.5.3 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
The autoresponder is setup using Plesk.
In the headers of the response mail I can see it is initiated from that server with dovecot-sieve

No, that file does not exist

Code:
# cd /var/qmail/mailnames/<domain>
# find  -name .sieve
#

Grrrr...

The "plugins for webmail" of yours made me check some more.
A colleague (who's ill for a few days) set that up for that client and as it turned out she did that in Roundcube.

We always advice to use the Plesk interface.

Sorry for wasting your time.
Thanks a lot...

Back