• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Auto update to Plesk 18.0.29 failed in some servers

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Tonight 5 of my servers tried to autoupdate to plesk 18.0.29 and receive this error:

Failed to update the Panel at xx.xxxx.xx

DebRepository: readSystemPackagesBrief: execute dpkg-query --show '--showformat=s:${Status}\nF:${Package}_installed.deb\nN:${Package}\nV:${Version}\nA:${Architecture}\nP:, ${Provides}\nX:\n'| awk '/^s:install ok/,/^X:/ { if (!/^s:/) print $0 }'| awk -F ', ' '/^P:, / { for (i=2; i<=NF && $i; i++) print "P:" $i; next } 1'
Error: En el origen de instalación no existe ninguna release con ID 'PLESK_18_0_29' del producto 'plesk'.

In english: There is no release in the installation source with ID 'PLESK_18_0_29' of product 'plesk'.

Yesterday we have two more. Also we have panels autoupdated so I don´t know whay we see this error in some servers...

I suppose that Debian 8 OS is installed on the server. Debian 8 is in the EOL (end of life) state and it is expected to see such error message because started from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.29 we ship the latest Plesk versions only for the supported OSes like CentOS 7, Debian 9, Ubuntu 18.04, etc.

Please review these links for more details:
Feature Deprecation Plan
Plesk Lifecycle Policy

You may ignore the reported error message but to have the latest Plesk version and further support, please consider either migrate to a supported OS using Plesk Migrator or run dist-upgrade to upgrade your Debian 8 instance.

Yes, this is correct, the errors are in Debian 8 servers. I can´t update some of the because there are some users using php5.

Back