• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Autodiscover mail function - SSL/STARTTLS

mdk24

New Pleskian
Hello everyone!

this is my first post, try my best to inform you about my problem....

I added a new domain for my client yesterday, added a Lets Encrypt wildcard certificate, everythin is ok. after adding new mail accounts i wanted to test autodiscover function with thunderbird (enabled autodiscover in general mail settings and in specific domain settings too) - and it works fine! "domain.de" is the imap and smtp server, the encrpytion is SSL like thunderbird shows me!

now i try it with an older domain, also enabled autodiscover and added a test mail-account, if i try in thunderbird there is "only" STARTTLS encryption... also a third domain... the imap and smtp output was "imap.domain.de" and "smtp.domain.de"

Is there a way to get a clear process that every domain uses SSL/TLS and the name of the domain for imap and smtp? also try to repair specific mail settings with plesk repair tool on the domain, but no success...

maybe you can help me :)

Hello everyone!

this is my first post, try my best to inform you about my problem....

I added a new domain for my client yesterday, added a Lets Encrypt wildcard certificate, everythin is ok. after adding new mail accounts i wanted to test autodiscover function with thunderbird (enabled autodiscover in general mail settings and in specific domain settings too) - and it works fine! "domain.de" is the imap and smtp server, the encrpytion is SSL like thunderbird shows me!

now i try it with an older domain, also enabled autodiscover and added a test mail-account, if i try in thunderbird there is "only" STARTTLS encryption... also a third domain... the imap and smtp output was "imap.domain.de" and "smtp.domain.de"

Is there a way to get a clear process that every domain uses SSL/TLS and the name of the domain for imap and smtp? also try to repair specific mail settings with plesk repair tool on the domain, but no success...

maybe you can help me :)

Hello mdk24,

your only option to perfect SSL is to use IMAP/SMTP server.name address, don't use domain.name or imap.domain.name for shared ip over sites.

hello! thanks for the hint, but why is it also possible with a new added domain?
and by the way, how to tell autodiscover to display the server.name?

found out by myself now!

because of using nginx only for websites i also used following line in nginx additional settings:

if (!-e $request_filename) {
rewrite ^.*$ /index.php last;
}

removing this and everything works! also the website ouput is correct!

Back