• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Automated BackUps does not work

D

dimensionav

Hi Everyone

I set scheduled backups for every domain that I manage and FTP Account Properties aswell Task Settings are correctly defined.

The problem is that some domains are backed up and some are not, it seems like a random behavior. I have noticed that the folders where backups should be are modifed with the current date but still empty.

Extra information:

-There are 32 domains with scheduled backup setting enabled.
- 80% of domains are stablished to daily back up.
- 95% of domains are stablished to keep just one backup file.
-All domains are programmed to backing up at 3:00 hrs. ( it could be this fact related to the issue previously described? )

Thanks!

I got it, let me explain how it works:

All the websites were programmed to back up at the same time (3am), so what I did is just to separate backups on periods of time about 5 and 10 minutes between them.

Considerig that I have 32 sites in the same server my theory about all this is that the FTP server might need enough time to process each connection (per site) depending on the amount of information that sould be tranfered, so at this point everything is working well.

If this does not work, you should look at the FTP Settings, some FTP servers need passive connections and special folder configuration.

Good Luck!

Back