• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Automatic backup stopped working Parallels Plesk 12.0.18

Hasib_Khan

New Pleskian
Hi Automatic Parallels Plesk. 12.0.18 has stopped working but no solution from plesk yet? I think every user has the same problem. Many people asked the same question but no solution/answer from plesk.

Thank you

What exact problem with backup do you have? Any steps to reproduce, error messages, results of troubleshooting, etc?
Phrase "It doesn's work!" is really not enough here.

Well, this happens to me since today. The error message that I receive is:
"Server settings are skipped from backup due to error:
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 42, column 0, byte 2064 at /usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187"
It happens both when the automated full backup (server configuration + content) or a manual backup only of the server configuration are triggered.

Googling for the text of the error message reveals that this message seems to be generated in the file http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12...on/_usr_local_psa_PMM_agents_PleskX_PleskX.pm

However, since further messages / traces are missing, I don't have a clue on how to solve it.

It looks like that Scheduled task in Plesk Panel contains XML-unescaped symbols:

Subscriptions -> <domain.tld> -> Websites & Domains -> Scheduled Tasks -> <system user>
task command contain one the following characters:

&[0-9] - "ampersand any digit"

&[a-z]; - "ampersand any character and semicolon"

Try to find and remove that sybmol.

Suddenly we have the same problem in many of our servers:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="warnings" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2015-06-15-001202.417/migration.result">
<object name="server" type="server">
<message id="767b6595-711b-48e5-80e4-8e06fe18ebcf" severity="warning" code="msgtext">
<description>Server settings are skipped from backup due to error:
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 31, column 0, byte 1587 at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/XML/Parser.pm line 187
</description>
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

The backup is scheduled from Tools & Settings -> Backup Manager -> Scheduled Backup Settings

not well-formed (invalid token) - usually this error message means that XML parser can't parse some non-UTF symbol in username, password or other object in backup. Try to find and replace it.

Well, in my case, there was no recent change in settings such as user name, password, or so. So I assume that it must be something else.
Also, the backup task is a system task across all subscriptions and customers.

Last edited:
I didn't do any changes too.
And no new user was added/altered (I would have been notified by rkhunter).

Today backup completed successfully to all of those servers, without any modification from my side!

Today backup completed successfully to all of those servers, without any modification from my side!

That's interesting. The same happened here, a backup without warning! But it doesn't increase my feeling of having a reliable backup running through that mechanism at the moment...

Hello, I have this problem today.

I am using Plesk 12.0.18 update #51, it's only been setup a couple of weeks. I previously migrated from Plesk 11.5 without any issues to this new hardware.

Now, the server backup has stopped running with the error:

Warning:server "server"
Server settings are skipped from backup due to error:
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 31, column 0, byte 1586 at /usr/lib64/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187

This is a just a warning but the server configuration backup does not complete because of it. This happen whether I backup "server configuration" or "server configuration and data"

A suggested fix by IgorG was to check through the scheduled tasks and find a task containing an ampersand.

I looked through all cron tasks here: /var/spool/cron and none contain ampersands.

Really looking for a solution here. Not feeling comfortable without server configuration backups.

Attachments

• plesk1208backupproblem.png
    plesk1208backupproblem.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I too have this problem, waiting for a solution.

Also, nothing was changed on our server as we manage every aspect and this server has been on cruise control the last while.

UPDATE: This issue is no longer occurring for me

I have no idea why it is now working. The only thing I did was to look for problems on the server and I removed duplicate "default certificate" entries in Home > Tools & Settings > SSL Certificates (see attached image). These were remnants from the migration to Plesk 12 I performed just a couple of weeks ago.

I tried the backup again, just targeting the "server configuration" and it worked! No errors, I tried sites and the backup works for them too. Apart from the details above, I did nothing on the server to resolve this problem.

Can the duplicate "default certificate" entries and this problem be linked? I can't see how but then, it's the only thing I changed.

Attachments

• duplicatecertificates.png
    duplicatecertificates.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 4
We have started to get the same error - we have changed nothing but this error is now appearing.

Does anyone have a solution or an update?

Did you try removing the duplicate "default certificate" entries inHome > Tools & Settings > SSL Certificates - this worked for me but i'm not sure if it was a co-incidence or related in some way. Either way, the problem was solved and has not returned.

Did you try removing the duplicate "default certificate" entries inHome > Tools & Settings > SSL Certificates - this worked for me but i'm not sure if it was a co-incidence or related in some way. Either way, the problem was solved and has not returned.

I have just noticed that I do have a duplicate certificate - however, there is one domain using each. When I cycle through the domain I cannot of the life of me see what IP/Domain is bound to each default certificate. Until I remove the association, I cannot remove the certificate. Do you have any further tips?

My daily backups seem to be ok at the moment. However, once a week, I receive a notification upon completion of the backup task:

Code:
Backup task finished on host myserver
Task was created by server XYZ with guid (numbers...)

Creation date is ...
Task status is: success

Dump full name is: <filename>

What I am wondering now is:
a) Since the backup is running daily, why do I receive this message only once a week?
b) Plesk only intends to send messages if a backup failed. Why do receive this message then if the task has been completed successfully?

My daily backups seem to be ok at the moment. However, once a week, I receive a notification upon completion of the backup task:

Code:
Backup task finished on host myserver
Task was created by server XYZ with guid (numbers...)

Creation date is ...
Task status is: success

Dump full name is: <filename>

What I am wondering now is:
a) Since the backup is running daily, why do I receive this message only once a week?
b) Plesk only intends to send messages if a backup failed. Why do receive this message then if the task has been completed successfully?

Igor, do you have any comment on this issue? I keep receiving these messages...

Back