• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Automatically install certain wordpress themes/plugins on installing wordpress via plesk

VKD

New Pleskian
Is it possibe to install certain wordpress themes/plugins when installing wordpress via plesk?

We always use certain wordpress plugins and theme's on all our wordpress sites.

It would be nice if we could install them automatically when creating a new wordpress site via plesk.

Is it possible to create custom Wordpress installations using the Tolkit WordPress extension or another alternative?
I would like to configure wp-config.php and which themes and plugins by default would be installed and configured automatically in a new WordPress installation.
It would be possible ?

Hi Emerson,

WordPress Toolkit will soon introduce the ability to create sets of plugins and themes and use these sets when preinstalling WordPress via Service Plans.

A couple of questions:

1. What exactly you'd like to configure in wp-config.php?
2. Are you planning to use Service Plans for provisioning these custom WordPress installations, or you want your customers to install these custom WordPress instances by themselves (in other words, when customers install WP via WPT, they always get custom WP)?

Hi,

As I've mentioned here earlier, WordPress Toolkit will soon introduce the ability to create sets of plugins and themes and use these sets when preinstalling WordPress via Service Plans. Will this work for you? What about installing WP manually (not via Service Plan)?

Last edited:
Wow!
That's great.

I would like custom WP for all clients. In it I would set up a cache plugin and a set of themes developed by me that would be delivered for free to customers.

I would like custom WP for all clients. In it I would set up a cache plugin and a set of themes developed by me that would be delivered for free to customers.

Can I ask you how this custom WP is delivered to your customers? Do you:
1. Install custom WP for customers manually
2. Install custom WP automatically whenever a subscription is created for a customer
3. Let customers install custom WP manually
?

4. Install custom WP via WordPress Tolkit

This wordpress from "WordPress Toolkit" would have the custom version configured by default with a cache plugin and premium themes for my clients.

Hello,

it's a really interesting feature, the only missing feature actually i think.
I just wait this before migrating to cPanel.

Are you working on this actually ?Will it be available soon ?
Thanks

Hello,

it's a really interesting feature, the only missing feature actually i think.
I just wait this before migrating to cPanel.

Are you working on this actually ?Will it be available soon ?
Thanks

This feature is being actively developed as we speak, and the plan is to release it very soon.

To be clear, the following two features should be available in the next big WordPress Toolkit update (~November):
  • Plugin and theme sets / packs
  • Automatic installation of WordPress and plugin/theme sets via Service Plans
The following feature will be available after the next big WPT update (~December):
  • Support for custom plugins and themes

Hi everyone,

FYI, this ability is now available in WordPress Toolkit 2.4. Let us know if you have any issues or questions!

Can I ask you how this custom WP is delivered to your customers? Do you:
1. Install custom WP for customers manually
2. Install custom WP automatically whenever a subscription is created for a customer
3. Let customers install custom WP manually
?

#3. It would be really convenient if we could specify a custom WP installation that would include plugins preinstalled for clients since we don't have WP installed in the service plan our clients have to install through Plesk. Also, there are certain features in LSCache that are able to be turned on through WP-CLI which I would like the ability to turn them on for my clients when they install their WP. The reason we stopped installing WP in the service plan is because clients would get confused and install WP again.

Hi,

You can preinstall WordPress with LSCache using Sets functionality of WPT. I'd recommend watching the following video, as it explains how you can do it:

I got your idea on pre-configuring LSCache, this is not something that's possible right now, but we'll think about how we can facilitate this.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

You can preinstall WordPress with LSCache using Sets functionality of WPT. I'd recommend watching the following video, as it explains how you can do it:

I got your idea on pre-configuring LSCache, this is not something that's possible right now, but we'll think about how we can facilitate this.

Hope this helps.

What about when clients quick install WordPress from Plesk? We don't have the service plan install WordPress because not all clients need it, some are migrating existing sites and will just upload their site through file manager. What would be convenient is if we could set a configurable option in the WHMCS module that allows clients to choose whether they want WordPress pre-installed or not.

Back