• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AUTOMATING custom error documents

shall

Regular Pleskian
Has anyone accomplished the PERSISTENT automation of these custom error docs in the past? My goal is to change the 404, 404.2, 404.3, 500, 500.100 and a couple other events to a "URL" mapping of:
/file.asp
I need to be able to apply custom error documents to specific handlers within new accounts & within all sites en masse.

Before I started using Plesk, this was EXTREMELY easy, by setting the default values in IIS Admin (right click 'web sites', 'properties', 'custom errors' and then assign them as I wish, propagating the changes to all child sites). This had the added benefit of applying GLOBALLY to all NEW sites. So after I had it the way I wanted, I never had to deal with it again.

It doesn't work now that I'm using Plesk, though. And it's extremely frustrating.

I need the same type of ability (preferred) or a way to automate the process upon domain creation. Sure, I can automate the process (using the script here, modified a bit), BUT my changes get randomly wiped out again by Plesk - and I can't figure out what the trigger for that might be.

I don't see any means within the Plesk API, within the group change operations, or within the command line interface guides. This obviously cannot be performed via the "native" Plesk functionality, and coding around it (script above) only results in my changes being overwritten at some random point in the future. I don't see any reference anywhere in the Plesk database or within the Plesk file system to identify these values as having been stored somewhere that they might be re-applied, so I can only assume that Plesk does a 'real time' check on the values from directly within the IIS Metabase... but if that were the case you'd think my changes wouldn't be blithely overwritten on a whim.

While I normally might just "deal with it", we're talking about re-creating the custom error mappings for a half dozen events across a couple hundred domains. Even if I had the patience to do this again (and again, and again, ...) it's a time sink of HOURS each time.

Please, someone save me!

Back