• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Autorespond to +500 mailboxes

Erwin Fiten

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm managing a Plesk Onyx installation with over 500 mailboxes.
Now I want to setup an auto-responder for ALL of those mailboxes.
is there a way i can manage this, i'm using qmail to receive mails?

• Can this be done with the GUI ?
  • is there a config where the auto-respond email is saved, so I can create some kind of script to add that to all users?
  • is there a global setting ?

Any idea would be welcome, because i can't open all 500 mailboxes in plesk and add an auto-responder.

Erwin

You can try to do it in CLI for all your mailboxes with following command:

# for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e "select concat(mail.mail_name,\"@\",domains.name) as address from mail,domains,accounts where mail.dom_id=domains.id and mail.account_id=accounts.id order by address"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder -u -mail $i -status true -subject "application form" -text "Thank you for your inquiry. The application form is attached."; done

I will perform this action today (after making a backup of the DB )

Is it also possible to reject those incoming mails, AFTER the auto reply?
I think this is difficult, because we need to receive the mail to be able to auto reply.

or maybe move those mails to a seperate mailbox.

It's a mailserver that will go offline at the end of the month, and users aren't realy stooping to use it, so we will force them to find alternatives by NOT receiving any new mails.

Back