• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Autoresponder not working with Smartermail

RobOde

New Pleskian
Hello guys.

Okay, this issue has been posted to this forum earlier, but no replys as far as I could see and now with a new Plesk version.

I am running Plesk 8.4 (just upgraded from 8.3 which had the same problem).

The problem is that autoresponder is just not responding to new mail. I've checked smartermail and the correct path to smmailfilter.exe is set up and its also enabled. No errors in the event viewer either. This server used to run MailEnable, but the lack of Imap forced us to upgrade it. Smartermail was probably not the smartes thing we could have upgraded to it seems...

Anyone got any solution to this problem? My clients do like the improved webmail and imap-support, but they are not that happy about losing the autoresponder.

Previous post with identical problems (plesk 8.2, but still) can be found here:
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=46766

Btw, sorry for my lousy english.

TIA
Robert Oedegaard

Sound to me like you need to find a smartermail forum to post this in. You may have more luck finding help.

I still use MailEnable and it seems to work fine.

Dawn

Hello guys.

Okay, this issue has been posted to this forum earlier, but no replys as far as I could see and now with a new Plesk version.

I am running Plesk 8.4 (just upgraded from 8.3 which had the same problem).

The problem is that autoresponder is just not responding to new mail. I've checked smartermail and the correct path to smmailfilter.exe is set up and its also enabled. No errors in the event viewer either. This server used to run MailEnable, but the lack of Imap forced us to upgrade it. Smartermail was probably not the smartes thing we could have upgraded to it seems...

Anyone got any solution to this problem? My clients do like the improved webmail and imap-support, but they are not that happy about losing the autoresponder.

Previous post with identical problems (plesk 8.2, but still) can be found here:
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=46766

Btw, sorry for my lousy english.

TIA
Robert Oedegaard

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the report.

The fact is SmarterMail forwarding is designed in such a way that the letter is delivered locally if the recipient is local bypassing the SMTP (there autoresponder is triggered).

Hi Robert

How are you configuring Autoresponder - in Plesk CP or Smartermail web login?

Does the Autoresponder in SmarterMail web login work?

I had an issue with 8.1 where Plesk CP would not generate autoresonders at all, but SM would fine. I informed all clients to use SM autoresponder. However at some point in >8.1 (I think 8.3) Plesk fixed this and now Plesk Autoresonder's work fine for me.

We are in the process of migrating across servers and at the same time from 8.3 to 8.4 so I can't comment on 8.4 as yet, but as this appeared to have been fixed in 8.3 I'm surprised to see this issue again.

Try Autoresponder in SM web interface first.

Lea

Back