1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade 8.1 to 8.6

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Kalyse, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Kalyse

Kalyse Guest

I believe I have been a client for around 2 years. Maybe closer for 2 1/2 or even 3.

On each occassion when there is a new update and I attempt an upgrade it fails.
    I have tried each time to upgrade from 8.2, then 8.3 then 8.4 and it always fails. Now with 8.6 released I would like to upgrade as I am now very uncomfortable in running a depreciated product.
    I am also disturbed that something related to the product I am paying for requires me to pay for support. I would understand if it was incidental to Plesk, but the fact that it related entirely to Plesk and I cannot receive support is unsatisfactory, but I guess thats what a business model does for a client.

I am getting this error report:
    The hostname on the server is not the one it lists. That was an old IP from nearly 2 years ago. I do not know why it is listed their, is this the cause?
    I have *****'d out some information for anonymity.

2. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

it looks like you need to remove or upgrade php first since it looks like it is failing becuase it cant have both versions installed at once.

3. Kalyse

Kalyse Guest

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

4. Kalyse

Kalyse Guest

I can't remove PHP4 or PHP5. Half the sites rely on PHP5, and the same for PHP4.