• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question autoupdate plesk fail with nfs dump folder

solucionesuno

Regular Pleskian
I have change my /etc/psa/psa.conf DUMP_D and DUMP_D_TMP direcotry to a NAS folder.

Autoupdates fails everytime.

chown: changing ownership of '/nfsbkp/******/mysql.preupgrade.12.5.30-12.5.30.20161215-034720.dump.gz': Operation not permitted

Can be a solution use no_root_squash ? i this case, thene i can have problem to read this files in other server?

Perhaps another solution can be disallow autoupdates an run autoupdates in different time of the bakcups, chaging with an script the dump_d location, and change agan when finish...

Thanks

Among other reasons, this issue can be caused by open files, inode, process or concurrent network transmission limits of the NAS device, too. When the NAS device is busy it does not respond, responds with "not permitted" or it does respond but too late, so that a timeout has already expired. I do not know whether that is the case for you, but you might also consider this thought in solving the problem.

thanks @Peter Debik

but my problem is simple. When mount nfs system this "route" permisions from root to no_body for security reasons. and i think that it is for not have future problem for read this files in other system.

seems that i can change this with no_root_squash allowing change permissions over nfs. but i am afraid to have problem later to restore this files in another server.

Thanks.

@solucionesuno, root has the same uid 0 on all systems, therefore you won't have problems with DB restore on another server (as long as you have root access on it). However, please note that MySQL DB is not the only thing that would need to be "restored" if you're doing it on another server.

Also, NFS by defaults squashes root into unprivileged user to prevent uploading programs with setuid bit set. It has nothing to do with ability to read these files later on other systems.

Back