• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk updates fails when NFS backup is mounted

solucionesuno

Regular Pleskian
Hi

I have a custom path DUMP_D in /etc/psa.conf to backups into NFS mounted folder.

Plesk updates with error

Code:
Stopping sw_engine service... done
chown: changing ownership of '/nfsbkp/host01/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.17.5.3-17.5.3.20171028-032820.dump.gz': Operation not permitted

It is documented here:

Plesk update or upgrade failed: ERROR while trying to backup MySQL database

but this articules propose an manually solution.

If there is not any way to solve it, is anyway to run a custom script before plesk update cron? to modify DUMP_D and an after update script to rever DUMP_D connected to my NFS backup folder?

If you perform a scheduled backup with a cron task, then you can create an additional cron task before the backup cron task, which will run script for changing the parameter value in /etc/psa/psa.conf

If you perform a scheduled backup with a cron task, then you can create an additional cron task before the backup cron task, which will run script for changing the parameter value in /etc/psa/psa.conf

its a good idea. do you know what time plesk update are running to not overlap with it?

Thanks for help @IgorG

So this solution:

Is not valid for this problem because :

1) I can not sync the hours when pleks backups runs and pleks backup update. so they can overlap so my /etc/psa/psa.conf is not valid.

2) If i disable the NFS repsository when i am not doing a backup, muy customers can´t acces to them over the day.

any another idea?

I think in another solution.

Disable autoupdates in plesk panel.

Create an custom cron bash script to rename file psa.conf to local DUMP_D directory, update plesk, and revert this file.

With

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller update

plesk updates via SSH. is this comand the same that plesk runs to update microupdates and updats components for "general versions"?

is this comand the same that plesk runs to update microupdates and updats components for "general versions"?
No, there is another command:

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Back