• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWStats access to previous months

HenryH

New Pleskian
Hi,

I had upgraded recently to Plesk 8.6.0.5, had have some issues with AWStats as you may see in http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=90933

Well, a customer complained that he could access www.domain.com/plesk-stat/webstat to see his stats but when he tried to check previous months it always asked for a user and password. My surprise was that the same problem was on all the domains!

After searching for a while the conclution I had was that on each domain the IUSR_user got the correct permissions and I observed that when you ask inside AWStats for a different month it tries to run /cgi-bin/awstats.pl so I assumed that it was a problem with Perl running permissions.

On %plesk_dir%\Additional\Perl there were the users psaadm and psacln with ALL THE PERMISSIONS DENIED!

The solution: I made a copy of Perl folder, renaming the original folder to Perl-org (just in case), the new Perl folder had heredated the permissions that were already fine, and now I can ask for previous months on each domain.

If someone thinks that this is not the best solution maybe because it is "dangerous", I will be glad to hear it!

Hope this will help anyone.

Henry.

HenryH,

Just to give some comments on this - permissions of psaadm and psacln should be Read, List Folder Contents, Read&Execute on that directory, in other words, the same as in the parent directory, Additional. So this would be the correct procedure to fix this kind of issues.

Back