• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

awstats broken plesk 10 all domains

Silver Pleskian
You click web statistics for any domain in the panel, and a new window opens.

Problem is it says 404 file not found.

It does have the menu allowing you to select what month you want the stats for, but its all 404

The index and data is all inside each vhosts statistics directory.

What's the fix?

Same thing trying to look up in the stattistics tab the ftpstats, opens up a 404 page also, but again the files are there in vhosts.

Okay I tried to manually run statistics I get this error:

webstatmng: Unable to execute gunzip -f '/var/www/vhosts/xxx/statistics/logs/xferlog_regular.processed.1.gz' && /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl -update -configdir=/usr/local/psa/etc/awstats -config=va3dbj.info-ftp -LogFile=- < /var/www/vhosts/xxx/statistics/logs/xferlog_regular.processed.1 && gzip -f '/var/www/vhosts/xxx/statistics/logs/xferlog_regular.processed.1'

System error 2: No such file or directory

There is no /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl

Last edited:
# rpm -qf /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl
awstats-6.95-11031718.swsoft

As you can see this file is a part of awstats package. Make sure that you have installed this package.

Thanks IgorG,

I got a much newer updated package:

[root@server ~]# rpm -qf /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl
awstats-7.0-2.el5.rf

I found a fix. This fixes the broken images as well as missing binaries. My question is why does parallels use such crazy paths when anyone is going to see an updated package for a current distribution?

Surely you should conform to standard paths so a yum update does not kill the webstats? Can you put this to the developers please?

If not you need to warn users to have to start using package exclusions in repo configs and that gets very messy. Also users have to yum update to have kernel and other security bugs fixed.

Here is the fix. I used symlinks so future awstats updates won't effect anything :)

ln -s /var/www/awstats/icon /var/www/html/awstats
ln -s /var/www/awstats /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats

mkdir /usr/share/awstats
ln -s /usr/bin/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl /usr/share/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl
ln -s /usr/bin/awstats_exportlib.pl /usr/share/awstats/awstats_exportlib.pl
ln -s /usr/bin/awstats_updateall.pl /usr/share/awstats/awstats_updateall.pl

Cheers.

Hi IgorG,

Yes I can see this, but it gets back to my suggestion for the developers.

1 - Either start using the proper paths for your awstats

or

2 - rename the package to psa-awstats and the psa installer modifies the system repositories to exclude awstats from any system updates.

This way a simple yum update will not destroy your statistics.

Surely the developers or parallels don't intend or recommend you never yum update your system, unless your going to provide all the system security fixes?

Thanks

We never heard any complaints about problems with path or updating with yum for default Plesk awstats installation. It works fine by default. If you think that there is really something wrong - fill this form with detailed description and step-by-step instruction for reproducing and I will forward it to developers.

Give me a few hours. I am running 7.0.2 awstats and I have all the fixes. Just I am on my iPad so wait about 6 hours and I post the full fix and it works with latest awstats ;)

Don't downgrade - wait for my fix.

My fix is in my post above:

mkdir /usr/share/awstats
ln -s /usr/bin/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl /usr/share/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl
ln -s /usr/bin/awstats_exportlib.pl /usr/share/awstats/awstats_exportlib.pl
ln -s /usr/bin/awstats_updateall.pl /usr/share/awstats/awstats_updateall.pl

It's caused as the paths parallels use in their package is completely different.

This creates symlinks to the paths parallels use, but linked to the current version of awstats. So as the next awstats comes from rpmforge it will update and you don't have to do anything, as the symlinks are there and point to the latest awstats version.

Parallels should look at changing the paths to the correct ones as used. Awstats is updated for a reason, fixes and enhancements.

Last edited:
And why you have not filled mentioned above template for forwarding this issue to development?

Be cause I spent my time trying to get AWstats functional again.

I came up with the symlink fix on my own.
The stats now update but...

I still have a problem: the images don't show up.
The image urls point to /awstats-icon/
e.g. http://thedomain.com/awstats-icon/other/awstats_logo6.png
Any ides how to set up a symlink or http config for /awstats-icon/?

Follow my instructions....

That's what that does :)

Creates a symlink that fixes the images...

internia.es,

You also can now update awstats and nothing will break, since we created symlinks from the paths plesk is looking for back to the proper package locations as maintained in the package.

Back