• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

awstats does not update, can't find cronjob

F

Frank Muller

Hi,

it's me again. AWStats is not updating automatically.
I believe the path to the cronjob is not set correctly.
I tried crontab -e but I couldn't locate anything related to statistics nor awstats.pl

Is there another place where plesk stores the cronjobs?

I can do it manually with the following:
usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=yourdomain.com

Can some help me where to look further? Thank you in advance.

It's really desperate because normally I should obtain the support from the Webhoster
but they are not able to help me out.

regards,

Frank

check if you have
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 180 Dec 26 16:02 /etc/cron.hourly/00awstats
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 133 Jan 9 2007 /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer

Also had this issue...

I just found and fixed this problem as well. Apparently the update to 9.3.0 changed the location of a few items.

If you run this:

/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php

Which is the stats update process run by cron in /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily

You will probably get errors like:

System error 2: No such file or directory
sh: /usr/share/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl: No such file or directory
statistics: Unable to execute /usr/share/awstats/awstats_buildstaticpages.pl -awstatsprog=/var/www/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl -configdir=/usr/local/psa/etc/awstats -config=<domain>-http -dir=/var/www/vhosts/<domain>/statistics/webstat/current

Solution

Edit /etc/psa/psa.conf where you see the #AWStats section, make it like this:
# AWStats
AWSTATS_ETC_D /etc/awstats
AWSTATS_BIN_D /var/www/awstats
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/bin
AWSTATS_DOC_D /var/www/awstats

If that doesn't work, search for your awstats_buildstaticpages.pl and set AWSTATS_TOOLS_D to its path.

Hope that helps.

Jordan

Hi,

I've got the same problem (awstat doesn't update automatically) .

I can do it manually with the following:
usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=yourdomain.com
and it works

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 180 Dec 26 16:02 /etc/cron.hourly/00awstats
is ok

I tried
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php

The response was : No such file or directory.

I look in /usr/local/usr/local/psa/bin/, sw-engine-pleskrun is missing ... I attempt the find command == nothing

Where I can download it ?

Jordan,

Can you advise further before we leap ahead? We have Plesk 9.2.3 but 4 days ago both webalizer and awstats stopped reporting results. We did no update that should have done that.

/etc/psa/psa.conf includes the following:
# AWStats
AWSTATS_ETC_D /etc/awstats
AWSTATS_BIN_D /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/share/awstats
AWSTATS_DOC_D /var/www/html/awstats
and
# Webalizer
WEB_STAT /usr/bin/webalizer

# Logrotate
LOGROTATE /usr/local/psa/logrotate/sbin/logrotate

and we have all the relevant folders that go with that.

Hi there coolemail,

Are you still experiencing this problem? If those binaries are all in the correct locations, did you try the things that Thomas Gonzalez tried? If so, what were the results of the commands? Did the cronjob appear OK?

Cron jobs were fine. Paths and locations were fine. No update had been done to the server. What worked was a reboot of the server. Quite why, we have no idea! Sorry we could not have been of more help.

AWStats

I have the same issue. I can't get Web Statistics using AWStats or Webalizer to work

I get the error message:

"This is the placeholder for Web statistics. If you see this page, that means that statistics for your server was not gathered yet, or bandwidth was not used. Statistics is typically set to run once every 24 hours. If you do not see a change to this page in the next 24 hours contact your server administrator for assistance.

This page has been automatically generated by Plesk."

The server has been up since the start of the year. It has generated traffic and log files which I can access via plesk interface. I just cant get AWStats to process them.

In Domain -> Web Host Admin -> Web Statistics I have selected AWStats - waited 24 hours nothing :(

I have tried to look inside myDomain/statistics I get Permission denied

"cannot open directory /var/www/vhosts/MyDomain.com/statistics: Permission denied"

Has anyone else come across this problem?
what did you do to fix it?

I am reading the forums
This could be my problem. I'm just not sure how I can confirm this is the case http://kb.odin.com/en/8006

My shell access does not give me permission to access the statistics directory in my domain. Never mind the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pipelog file

I have tried changing the permission on the Statistics directory using FileZilla no joy. The OS does not allow it.

Command: CWD /statistics
Response: 550 /statistics: No such file or directory

So I tried to use Pleask File Manager

Error: Unable to change directory to /statistics: filemng failed: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied
System error 13: Permission denied

As I see it I have two problems.

1.) getting AWStats to run
2.) Permission issue access rights to the directories

I help idea would appreciated.

Thankyou for reading.
Jav.

That permissions issue shouldn't occur if you're the server admin and have root access. If you're not the server admin, then you should be forwarding the request to them! If you are the operator of the server, then ask your datacentre to provide you super user (root) access.

Once you have that you will be able to view those files.

It sounds to me like your cron job is not working. Try running the following (as I mentioned in a previous post) to see if it provides you with any errors:

Jordan

Back