• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question AwStats - lang problem

stigi90

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a question.

How can you change the statistics language globally? (AwStats)

My administrator says: he has set it but Plesk doesn't.
Can that be true?

If that's not true, can someone tell me where what needs to change?

Thank you for your help :)

CentOS Linux 7.2.1511
Plesk 12.5.30 #46

I've sent the link to my administrator.

His answer:

There is no global config. For each domain, but a single domain config for AWStats.:(

Thanks!

We have the following files in the folder: etc/awstats /.

1. AWStats.CONF.rpmsave
  2. AWStats.localhost.localdomain.conf
  3. AWStats.model.conf
  4. AWStats.model.CONF.rpmnew
  5. AWStats.model.CONF.rpmsave
  6. AWStats.Sub.myhostnamedomain.TD.conf

In which file needs what to change?
This file is not present-> awstats.conf

Hi stigi90,

=> awstats.conf is "normally" a symlink from /etc/awstats/awstats.model.conf
Pls. edit awstats.model.conf and just to be sure that all is "in place", pls. create the symlink to awstats.conf in the very same folder.

IgorG already posted the above link, where you are able to see, WHAT you have to change. ;)

Good morning from Germany :)

1. my administrator has changed to one of "awstats.domain.com.conf" on german. Result: Works

2. it was the global config "awstats.model.conf" to german and the awstats.otherdomain.com.conf deleted.
Result: The file awstats.otherdomain.com.conf was not newly created.

I have to say something about. AwStats was automatically updated a few months ago. We had all new statistics error 404. This has been fixed with: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/awstats-updates-require-unwanted-work-around.337564 <-this may not be the problem or? Only to exclude it.

What can make me now: the proposal of UFHH01.
Creating awstats.conf (symlink) to awstats.model.conf

Thank you for your help :)

Hi stigi90,

Result: The file awstats.otherdomain.com.conf was not newly created.
this may not be the problem or?
Well... you could answer that by yourself. The domain - template - creation for awstats results with failures now, because the locations changed, based by your ( unique ) manual awstat - upgrade.

You should not upgrade/patch Plesk components with third-party sources - Plesk can no longer guarantee, that the component works as expected, if you do that. ;)

The AwStats still works. But in the english language. According to the instructions: Are new added domains are in german.

Thanks for the help.

Back